#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0

    Some pages dropped to rank 950


    Hi

    Before the 28th Sept I had about 10 pages on my site rank in the top 10 google for their keyword now I only have 1 page and the rest are ranking at 950 +.

    I have no messages in WMT, Reconsideration request came back saying no manual penalty.

    Any thoughts / suggestions/

    Thanks
  2. #2
  3. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    5,803
    Rep Power
    1822
    Is this happening everywhere, or is it mainly a Google thing?
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by dzine
    Is this happening everywhere, or is it mainly a Google thing?
    It is just with Google, on Bing pages have gone up!
  6. #4
  7. Jennifer Linnuste
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    39
    Originally Posted by spes123
    It is just with Google, on Bing pages have gone up!
    then most likely it has somethign to do with the update, you dont always get a warning in WMT, you will just see a drop in rankings. We had the same thing but finally ours has come back up again.
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by SEOhostingcouk
    then most likely it has somethign to do with the update, you dont always get a warning in WMT, you will just see a drop in rankings. We had the same thing but finally ours has come back up again.
    Thank you for the info, did you have to do anything or just wait?
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Emd


    If your domain keyword based, Maybe penalized by Google, Check EMD Updates by Matt Cutts. https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/251789327691042816
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by venkatseo
    If your domain keyword based, Maybe penalized by Google, Check EMD Updates by Matt Cutts. https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/251789327691042816
    The domain is broad keyword but the home page has not suffered
  14. #8
  15. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    1578
    There was a Panda update September 27th. Does your site have content that is duplicated elsewhere on the web? Does it have a lot of thin content? If so, then Panda could be your culprit.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Dr.Marie
    There was a Panda update September 27th. Does your site have content that is duplicated elsewhere on the web? Does it have a lot of thin content? If so, then Panda could be your culprit.
    A small number of PLR articles which are "noindex", some pagination where the page would be too long otherwise and these have rel next and prev.

Similar Threads

  1. Google dropping pages after number 1 rank for months
    By SEOmaverick in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Feb 4th, 2007, 12:40 PM
  2. Dropped From 9 to 22 Penality For 301 2K Pages
    By jraso996 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
  3. Pages indexed then dropped
    By shaamone in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jun 19th, 2006, 12:10 PM
  4. Site Match + no fund = rank stay or rank dropped?
    By Judge in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 29th, 2005, 04:10 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo