1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Some Feedback Please

Hello,

A friend has 3 sites, looks like one is used for explaining their product (page rank 3), one that he blogs with (page rank 3) and one he sells products on (page rank 3).

In your opinion would you consolidate these sites. I would hate to lose a site with good page ranks and redirecting them. FYI, would I need to keep the other 2 hosting account live and re-direct them from there? If so how long would they need the host up to get a good redirect?

Thoughts?

Thanks
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

I would with with the way you've explained it. I would put them as sub pages on the product site.
    then 301 the blog to the blog sub page and move the explanation of the product to the products home page and 301 that domain to the product site.

How long? I would do it for a minimum of 6 months, maybe even a year... others might have a better plan for that part.
    If they are all hosted at the same place you can just park it there and 301 it to the other domain. I'd talk to your hosting company about it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree. It seems natural for all those sites to be one site. I understand your fear of losing decent pagerank sites and there's always some risk when you move sites, but you may actually get a boost. Consider that you will now be pointing all the links, shares, etc. that are making each of the three sites PR 3 all at one site now. If Google's toolbar pagerank was worth anything and they ever updated it, I'd say you might see the main site move up to a PR 4 or more. But since the toolbar pagerank isn't worth anything and Google has said it's broken and they aren't planning to fix it any time soon, you probably won't see any change, but you may see a change in rankings and traffic, which is more important.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks everyone for the replies.