Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

KernelPanic I found it, the site was hit by penguin 2.0 in May 2013 and never recovered. But its been 4 years now, do you think they havent lifted the penalty still? :O
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello Friend can I know the name of your site and the keyword you are talking about. I think it has to be with the overall authority sites.
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by carleasing
    Cant post the URL here but I could send it by PM if thats ok?
    Go for it
  7. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

KernelPanic I found it, the site was hit by penguin 2.0 in May 2013 and never recovered. But its been 4 years now, do you think they havent lifted the penalty still? :O
    Yeah that's what I said If all the links are still there the problem will remain. Don't think of it as a penalty though, Penguin is an algorithm that you're not meeting the requirements of because of the spam. Remove the spam to appease the algorithm
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Yeah that's what I said If all the links are still there the problem will remain. Don't think of it as a penalty though, Penguin is an algorithm that you're not meeting the requirements of because of the spam. Remove the spam to appease the algorithm
    I thought Google ignores all spam links now? Do I still have to disavow all crappy links?
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I thought Google ignores all spam links now? Do I still have to disavow all crappy links?
    Yes, absolutely. Especially if you've been hit.

This explains it in way more detail - https://moz.com/blog/do-we-still-nee...isavow-penguin
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by IvanDrago
    Yes, absolutely. Especially if you've been hit.

This explains it in way more detail - https://moz.com/blog/do-we-still-nee...isavow-penguin
    Thanks ...I checked that and yeah I have started the removal process. Lets see if that makes any difference.

Also about sitewide links from other of our websites, google shows about 600,000 links lol...yeah I'll remove most of them now.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I'll remove all the links that we control from other branded sites...but we have hundreds of thousands of links from other sources which obviously we dont control so we decided to just remove what we could and see if that makes a difference. If nothing happens then we'll move the site to a new domain and start from scratch...would require more work but I am pretty sure I could get the site to page one within a couple of months.

Ok we have a domain that we want to use but this domain is a 301 to the old penalized domain. Would it be safe to use this new domain for the main business site? would that have any negative effect?
  17. No Profile Picture

I think it will surely effect that website after a point of time. This is not a white hat technique.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by Ashleyjohn
    I think it will surely effect that website after a point of time. This is not a white hat technique.
    Not a white hat technique? its just an unused domain name that is pointing 301 to the old domain that is penalised...I want to remove that 301 and create a new website on that?
  21. No Profile Picture

I told about what your competitor has done. That's not a best practice.
  23. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Ashleyjohn
    I told about what your competitor has done. That's not a best practice.
    Hi AhsleyJohn, welcome to the forums! I don't understand why using an old domain to build a website on is not an acceptable practice?
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Ok we have a domain that we want to use but this domain is a 301 to the old penalized domain. Would it be safe to use this new domain for the main business site? would that have any negative effect?
    If any of the bad backlinks are coming from the old 301'd unused domain to the current penalized domain, you cancel the 301, then those links will still be pointing to the old unused domain and you could be back at square one.

It would be wise to check and make sure none of the links are coming from that domain ahead of time before you make that move.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: