1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Similar domain names on same server?

hi all, new on the site, hi to all and thanks in advance for your tips and advice on this one...

i have a few domain names that have very similar content (for job searches, the only difference is the area, apart from that they all carry pretty much the same info and content and all point to a common forum).

the main domain name (that covers the entire regional area, and contains the forum) is very well indexed on google and yahoo, but the other 3 sites which are more aimed at towns in particular that carry similar content (apart from the town name) are not very well indexed at all, to the degree where even the keywords are in the domain name, yes all sites are very similar in design, layout and content.

i was told that having the sites on the same reseller server can be bad for me, and that they should be on different servers in different locations.

can anyone verufy this is the case, and maybe give more info?

again, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by gavinwatson; Jan 29th, 2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: make text clearer
  3. Yeah, baby! I'm BAD.
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would say the reason of such ignorance to some pages is duplicate content, not the hosting issues.

Please read here on how you could organize your site structure without the need to duplicate pages.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Domain names

Google indexes your site considering some hundreds of reasons. Search engine ranks your site by considering your site information, keywords, title , backlinks, traffic and many more. domain name may be one among the hundreds. So only domain name does not play keyrole in indexing your site. Do SEO work for other sites too to get index on google