1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Should I simply let my new rebuilt site propogate?

My old site built with FrontPage2002 dropped in page rank and began losing a ton of traffic due to the HTML5 hierarchy and then the Panda / Penguin debacle affected my traffic greatly. About 13 months ago I was forced to begin rebuilding the entire site, so chose the best one available (as far as CMS is concened)- WordPress - because my site is image-laden with alot of categorized work. I finally relaunched the new site with an entirely new hosting company (of course, keeping the same domain name / URL - which is now over 10 yrs. old) and submitted the sitemap to GWT roughly 5 weeks ago . . . . at latest check, almost all 13,000 URLs/pages within the site are now indexed along with the roughly 4,000 images. I meticulously took care of all re-directs and am currently wondering if I ought to just let the site propogate / percolate on it's own or agressively "market" the site...by "market", I mean attempt further SEO. I don't want to deal with that boring directory submission stuff...been there / done that and none of it helped in the past (although it's in DMOZ - whoopee hey) and as far as article writing goes, no...been there also. Guest blog? No, that doesn't really do anything anyway. I am simply wondering if there is anything I am missing because I have named EACH of the 4000 separate images with unique image file names + "tagged" my category pages and made certain all titles are uniquely holding at least one good keyword pertaining to the content of my site. I do offer a daily auto-updating image for web designers, but can't seem to get anyone interested although it does get some backlinks from those who already do use the feature. I'm still attempting to figure a good marketing ploy to get that offer noticed....however am not certain how to go about it, and the image on my home page is the one that I offer web designers the code for. That in itself has potential....I just wish I had some sort of marketing savvy in that respect so if anyone has insights regarding this, or an idea...feel free. If there is another unique approach in generating more inbound links or backlinks, give a holler. Again, here is the homepage of the newly launched site. Thanks!
    PS: to see how my current image for the day appears in your browser, click this link. The image changes once every 24/7 and I guarantee all scheduled images are 100% family-friendly
  3. No Profile Picture

Instead of putting efforts on a site that has been hit by penguin it is always better to launch a new domain and that is what Matt Cutts says "If you have done everything to clean your site but still do not recover then start a new domain"
    If your only source of traffic / sales is Google then will suggest you to go with that statement.
    If you decide to keep the same site then you should go for general marketing techniques beyond SEO, Just think that there is no Google but you have to bring traffic to the site, how would you do that? Forum, social media participation, etc etc