1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Separate long FAQ’s onto separate pages?

I have a client who hired me to do SEO on her sites. She manages a lab, which provides various medical services. She uses the same structure on all of her sites, as follows: each service occupies one page on the site. Each page is a list of FAQ’s. Most of the FAQ’s are several paragraphs long. So there are very few pages on the site, and each page is exceedingly long.

My thinking is that each FAQ should be its own page, since the SEO literature says to optimize each page of the site for only a couple of keywords. What are your thoughts? Any other pros and cons of separating the FAQ’s onto separate pages?

Thanks in advance.
  3. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

If you had an example URL it would be easier to visualize but I think I got it. I've had great success drawing traffic from FAQs in the past so don't just throw it out. If each one is that long I think you may be right, seperate pages would be best.

The approach I usually use is to have a list of questions at the top with links to <a name> links within the same page.

But if there is enough content and you are covering multiple topics go ahead and break it up!
    14th Colony: The hardest working websites online!

Looking for links? Join the Union and don't miss English Grammar rules, tips and explanations
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile

Hi ,

It may be good idea to make different pages. Also classify the FAQ's under different keyword and display it. It would might increase the page rank and also ranking for that keywords