1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile SEO: The next step

Hey Guys,

I've just registered on this forum and am fairly new to seo. I'm a web developer / designer but have never really paid much attention to seo (sounds stupid I know). But I've decided that its stupid that I ignore it, so I'm here to make a start.

I've just finished reading: The Art of Seo, it was a great book and I feel a lot more informed now. I know there's a newer version of the book, but I feel I want something a bit more updated that also includes some social marketing strategies.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Liondedan
    Last edited by liondedan; Nov 8th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
  3. Jennifer Linnuste

Have you looked at seobook.com? There is good info as well as tools that you can check out and familiarize yourself a bit more with SEO
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Okay I'll have a look, does it have an indepth insight into the social media strategy?

Thanks
  7. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by liondedan
    Hey Guys,

I've just registered on this forum and am fairly new to seo. I'm a web developer / designer but have never really paid much attention to seo (sounds stupid I know). But I've decided that its stupid that I ignore it, so I'm here to make a start.

I've just finished reading: The Art of Seo, it was a great book and I feel a lot more informed now. I know there's a newer version of the book, but I feel I want something a bit more updated that also includes some social marketing strategies.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Liondedan
    Books are OK for the fundamentals, however the SEO landscape is always changing. A lot of the tips and tricks written in the Art of SEO are probably outdated now - especially where external links are concerned.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever received was to keep up-to-date with the latest news, views and opinions across the SEO industry. Things really do change so fast and I personally don't feel there's another industry within the promotion/marketing world quite like it.

The SEO Chat Forums are without a doubt my favourite and have helped me hugely in my career. These sites are also useful for what's new and will fill you in on a daily basis:

http://searchengineland.com/
    http://www.seroundtable.com/
    http://www.seomoz.org/

Also keep your eye on Google Webmaster Central - there's always threads there about SEO.

Comments on this post

• TcxAnthony agrees
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate it. I had a feeling an answer like that was coming.

Cheers for the advice.
  11. No Profile Picture

You can refer seomoz, seobook site for more details... and at the same time follow forums too for more knowledge
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Congrats finally you pay attention on SEO. Now a day SEO is also very important for web development and design. I am also a web developer, but due to increase in various factor and there usability (like snippet, sitemap, robot.txt for search engine), my interest in SEO generate.