1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

For a website, Div base structure is better or table base (From SEO Point of view) an

For a website, Div base structure is better or table base (From SEO Point of view)I read months ago that google bot still have problem to crawl which between table border. But I also read it just for loading time.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I converted from a table based design to a 100% DIV design three years ago. I did it for ease of maintenance, not SEO.

Googlebot skips over the HTML, so from an SEO standpoint, expect no difference.

Now going forward, it could, in my opinion, make a difference.
    Google is starting to pay attention to HTML5 structural tags that clearly define your content blocks. They help Google decide what your content is about, and what content is the most important.

So I anticipate in the future a well structured HTML5 website might have an advantage over one built with tables.

Ed

Comments on this post

• dzine agrees : Yup. Get your priorities straight. HTML tables serve a purpose. It's all just code. Aim for nice code that works :)
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Very little - no difference.

If it looks the same and performs the same to the user then that is what it will be judged on. Search engine spiders / robots are now advanced web browsers - termed as headless browsers. They see what you and I do, they just don't have a GUI on the front end (because they don't need to).

There is very little reason to use a table based layout however because I forget which went out first - the ark or HTML tables. Both are very out of date.