1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO for promotion items

Hello there;

I'm building a site to sell promotional products and I'm just looking for someone that did SEO for promotional products in the past or is currently.

Just wanted to get some tips; seems like a big task..any help would be great.

Thx
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi,

I have, and do (on an ad-hoc % of sales basis)

This is a backlink suggestion, and is really the ONLY time I come close to using link-swapping (not a viable large scale tactic!!!!)

The one tip I would give you (and could apply as an idea for almost anyone else) is this:

Start by defining your target location for sales (not relevant to global businesses so much).

Once you know your location, by default, you know every location NOT in your target locations. Now do a search in your local Google/Bing etc and find all the results from the first 3 - 5 pages where you get results for sites NOT in your locations.

Take a look at their websites and see if they also operate in your target locations or not.

If NOT, then write to them, explain that you are getting visits from people outside YOUR target locations and you believe they would be getting 'YOUR' potential customers in via search results in their local area.

As a result, would they be interested in 'partnering' with you to re-direct these 'lost' customers to you and you send your 'lost' visitors to them.

In this way you send each other potential sales AND you get a relevant backlink.

Just be clever about how you link to each other and how often and using what link text etc.
    Last edited by Kevin H; Dec 4th, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Swapping the text around