1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Semrush Warning - Internal Links all NoFollow

Hello,

I ran a check on Semrush and it says I should make all my internal links dofollow instead of nofollow.

I have over 3000 internal links like this. Is there a simple way to convert all internal links on my website to dofollow instead of nofollow on Wordpress? Does a plugin exist to change all internal links to dofollow instead of nofollow? Will this be having a negative effect on my website if I don't sort it?

Thanks for the advice
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

As semrush info' says, nofollow on internal links will affect the flow of "link juice" through your site.

There are lots of plugins to change this. Most will selectively change links (either posts or comments, or certain authors, etc).
    One of the most popular is nofollow case by case.
    You can also set up a "whitelist" for URL's, so all those listed will be "dofollow" (or more accurately will not be "nofollow"), which could - of course - include your own domain.

Alternatively you can hack the wp core code and change the attribute... There's some info' on this here ('though I haven't tested it myself).
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Read again what SEMRush says.
    Remove them from <a> tags, if necessary.
    You know your website better than sem rush. So ask the following questions to yourself.
    1. Do I want to rank those 3000 pages? Do they have decent content/information on them worth indexing? Are your letting Google Crawl them?
    If the answer to the above questions is YES - Hell yes, remove the nofollow tags immediately.
    2. Are you doing the dofollow thing just to satisfy SEMRUSH?
    If the answer is yes - Hell no. Ignore it and move on.

BTW I looked for some plugins that do it for you but I could not find one. But look again yourself if you can find one.
    If you cannot here are some ways to do it. But it requires some coding knowledge.
    *If the links are within your content area (post / page) then find the posts table and replace the do follow links for your domain links. You will need a logic like this.
    Find the position of yourdomain.dom and take a substring 50 characters before and after it. find and replace rel="nofollow" with "".
    *If it the nofollow links are created in in related posts or some other links generated by some plugin you just need to edit the plugin page code. That should be much simpler than the previous scenario.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    As semrush info' says, nofollow on internal links will affect the flow of "link juice" through your site.

There are lots of plugins to change this. Most will selectively change links (either posts or comments, or certain authors, etc).
    One of the most popular is nofollow case by case.
    You can also set up a "whitelist" for URL's, so all those listed will be "dofollow" (or more accurately will not be "nofollow"), which could - of course - include your own domain.

Alternatively you can hack the wp core code and change the attribute... There's some info' on this here ('though I haven't tested it myself).
    I tried that plugin, but it only seems to work for comments, which is unfortunate, rather than site-wide internal links.
    My knowledge of coding is non existent, so I would be a bit worried hacking the wp core code.

Has anyone else managed to find a plugin that could help?