1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post SEO on wix website

IS it easy to rank a wix build website in search engine. I listen that wix is not search engine friendly is it true?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

It is not that Wix is "searchengine-unfriendly" as it is that a "One Page Website is harder to rank than a multi-page site". You can create a multi-page Wix site if you are smart about it and then the tools that Wix provides are just not the best on the market. They , (WIX), are solving that problem as time goes on.

Hope this helps you some.

Personally I prefer to use WordPress for my clients, easy to use and easy for them learn to maintain the site when they do not require my services to do small changes and tweaks to the site. I prefer not to bleed my clients for every little change, it's not conducive to keeping clients and making them happy.

For instance, I tell them not to send me a single content change. Why, because I charge by the hour and I can generally do several small changes in less than an hour most of the time. Where as if give me "1 Change a week", then I would bill you for 4 hours of time instead of just 1 hour on a monthly basis.
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks! for updating me about the wix website platform. Thanks again
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Wix offers an SEO tool which helps the website owner identify SEO elements which need to be implemented or improved. The tool also provides subjections on how to improve the needed elements. And, this tool is the part of the Wix package, thus there is no additional cost for the tool.
  9. No Profile Picture

if you know the tactics and methods , how to rank keywords then doesn't matter your website build ?
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by indiansuper
    if you know the tactics and methods , how to rank keywords then doesn't matter your website build ?
    You don't rank keywords, you rank web pages

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Exactly
  13. No Profile Picture

When you want to rank keywords you can continue there but paid version is perfect for website building.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That is not true that wix is not friendly with search engine. You can make good seo friendly websites.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok Thanks! but i heard there is ON-Page Limitation in website? is that true. We not customize Sitemap, robots.txt and puts schema on it?
  19. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by wppro
    Ok Thanks! but i heard there is ON-Page Limitation in website? is that true. We not customize Sitemap, robots.txt and puts schema on it?
    Please KOS reply again and follow, what kind of confirmation you expect from here, by the way, this is a discussion board.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  21. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

I believe the question should be rephrased as follows: "Is WIX a search engine friendly web-development platform compared to others like Wordpress and Squarespace?" The answer would be - Yes, post 2017. Wix's reputation as bad for SEO comes from its history prior to 2016. Since then, and as a result of this reputation, Wix has made significant improvements to its search engine friendliness. If you would like more information or a more in-depth explanation feel free to write me!

Best,

Jacque
  23. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

The issues with a Wix, in my opinion is the limitations built in to the platform.

You can't just copy your existing site and then just upload it to Wix servers. The Wix platform is basically proprietary. You have to use their interface in all things.

Their SEO tool set is not that robust, not saying you can't make a go of it with Wix, but it will be harder, and you have to learn to use their tool set. I prefer to work without limitations. That is why I choose to do either hand coding in php, aspx, etc., etc., or using WordPress. WP is also easier to for my clients to learn.and use. A massive plus for me !

Hosting cost with Wix is a bit more expensive than say a Linux, or MS server. If you decide to go with Wix another caveat is if you ever transfer to a different hosting provider, you will have to redesign the site. Wix sites only work on Wix servers.

Many drawbacks to using Wix. Limitations that I personally find unacceptable.

Just because I don't like the platform doesn't mean you can't make a go of it with Wix. You get out of it what you put into it. I am not going to change my business model to use it, nor will I professionally recommend it for a novice or to one of my small business clients.
  25. No Profile Picture

I'm an amateur and prefer to apply to professionals to save both time and money. Last time I hired SEO expert here <snip> to increase traffic on my wix website. Good website promotion strategy can bring a steady flow of visitors on your website in the short period of time.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 10th, 2019 at 02:50 PM.
  27. No Profile Picture

Yes, I also do agree with @KernalPanic. Ranking a webpage or keyword need good on-page optimization and off-page strategies.