1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO for two different states

Hello,

I have a small business site that I'd like to market to two states geographically (I'm on the border). And I was wondering the best way to do that.

Should I just include both state names wherever possible on all pages? The content would be identical for each state, there's not much difference, so I didn't think I should double up my content and just change the state name everywhere.

On the other hand.
    Also, I've heard there is a method for showing a different website to a visitor depending on which state they visit the site from. Does anyone know how to do that, or if it would even be an effective SEO strategy?

Thanks for any advice.
  3. Yeah, baby! I'm BAD.
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think creating a duplicate content is not a good idea. It is well enough for me to simply put state names on a page, like: "widgets and gadgets in texas and arizona" (sorry, not good in geography )

Also, you could use the geo IPs to identify visitors and redirect them to a proper page, but I think it is technically more complex (you have to keep the IP address base up to date) and does not give any significant benefits.

You could target two states by using targeted PPC campaigns as well.
  5. No Profile Picture

I also think you should try to make the pages somewhat different from look and content wise.
    Taking visitors from different places to different local sites is not much complicated, you just need to search the codes and put it. You will get many such codes easily which will identify the user's location and will redirect them to respective local sites.
  7. No Profile Picture

Duplicate content is bad option. You can try to use both state names in your content and meta tag but not spamming.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Re: SEO for 2 diff states

Its really a bad idea to have 2 sites for 2 states. Its always better to have only one site where you can keep the information and also representing the 2 states in the same site.
    If you keep two sites with the same information you need to promote both the sites which is quite expensive. By keeping both in single site you can also decrease the amount for your promoting your site.