1. No Profile Picture
    RBX

SEO for a site I didn't develop

In addition to developing Wordpress sites, I was able to do basic SEO for few of them with relative ease thanks to Yoast plugin. Now I'm being asked for all the SEO jobs even thought I've made it clear that I don't posses SEO knowledge.

The most recent task I was given is SEO for an Astrology website built in core PHP. I've been told that SEO for existing websites can be done by relative ease, and programming knowledge isn't required, but my little experience says otherwise.
    I had to completely overhaul the website structure to centralize images and allowing dynamic alt and title attributes, page title, and meta description.

Next I went to schema.org and added whatever seemed appropriate to the site (ld+json). The primary schema I've added is about Organization, its URLs, founder, location etc. I've added this to all pages, but now I think this needs to be on a specific page. Since there isn't a page which also has textual content matching the schema, would it be alright if I place it on home page? Or should I break-down the schema and include primary organization details on home page, and location details on contact page?

Also, how do I outline the services provided by the astrologer? I've used following format
    PHP Code:
            [

"@context"    => "http://schema.org",

"@type"       => "Service",

"name"        => "Vastu",

"serviceType" => "Architectural Consulting",
            ],
            [

"@context"    => "http://schema.org",

"@type"       => "Service",

"name"        => "Matchmaking",

"serviceType" => "Matrimonial",
            ], 
    but it seems the Service schema is used for specifying services which were delivered (in an invoice, maybe), and has no independent use.
  3. No Profile Picture
    RBX

I have another question.

This client currently has 3 domains (say, A, B, and C). I'm doing SEO for A, and other two are being redirected to site A. Won't this be problematic when he decides to get a website developed for either domain B or C?

I suggested him to get a few social media pages, specially a Google+ business page, and he did, but at each of them, he adds site B as his website. Does this work in favor of site A? And will site A's ranking be affected once the redirection is removed?
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello!

Sorry for the lack of response here - any updates?

I'll move this to our Search Engine Optimization section and bump it to see if there's still interest in a discussion.

Let me know if you have trouble posting here after it's moved!
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

If a new site is built and uses domain B or C, as the redirect are removed, this shouldn't cause any issues.

I would out for the following,

Do a link analysis on domains B and C. These may be helping domain A rank, so when the client builds a new site on domain B and the redirect is taken away, you might expect a dip in organic search - it all depends on the specific links but just something to look out for.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by RBX
    but it seems the Service schema is used for specifying services which were delivered (in an invoice, maybe), and has no independent use.
    Where did you get this impression from?