1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Program outline - Advice, Please

Hello,

The company I work for, gourmetfoodmall (.com), would like to start an SEO program for our merchants. This would be a program that we handle in-house, and there would be an up-front charge, as well as a possible per-product charge for optimization.

I know there are many SEO entrepreneurs on this board, and I would love it if you could give me some advice on how we should go about setting up our program. I would appreciate advice on how wwe should price these services, as well as any additional features/benefits that you think we should offer. Some details about what we want to offer (two different levels)...

Basic
    This will be the less expensive of the two. This program will not include customized reporting on positioning of the merchants keyword terms. They have automatic submission to all major search engines. We will optimize their store and five products, through keyword-rich internal links to product pages, SEO-friendly content on their info pages, and the natural SEO they receive by being a part of our mall. This program does not include any sort of linking strategy.
    (Anything you would add / suggested pricing?)

Advanced/Premium
    They have automatic submission to all major search engines. This program will include keyword-rich copywriting services (we will re-write their text to be more SE-friendly, with keyterms linked to product pages). This program will include optimization of their store as a whole (by means of keyword-rich internal linking and info pages), as well as 20 products (so basically, optimization for 20 keyword terms/phrases). There will be an additional per-product fee for additional product optimization. We would also attain a certain number of backlinks to the merchants store and/or products. Would 10 be aq good number? We will offer custom meta tags for these stores as well (for 20 products), but that is off in the near future. This program will also include monthly monitoring of keyword terms, and changes will be made monthly based upon results (the monthly changes may be an additional fee as well). The merchant will receive a monthly report, comparing their current rankings to those of the past month. Also, would monthly submission to Froogle be beneficial?
    (Anything you would add / suggested pricing?)

Thanks in advance for any assistance that any of you can offer.

Peter
    Last edited by hockey2112; Jun 1st, 2004 at 08:18 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

I don't understand why no one has responded....

You already seem to have a pretty good idea on what to offer, but it is not what I would call a "professional" offering. But that does not mean it won't be effective, just not at what I would consider a pro level. There are a number of questions that I would have about the site architecture, the keyword research that will be done, etc. but you have the basics down. Froogle submissions are a very, very good idea, and there are also some free classifed ad sites that will accept Froogle-formatted files for bulk uploading (yes, more free advertising, contact me if interested).

Pricing is always a question, but if you put aside greed, it's pretty easy: Figure out how much you need to charge for your time, then figure out how much time the work will take. Multiply the two, add in a little for those extra things that take time and you should have a good package price for what you are offering.
  5. No Profile Picture

Christian_SEO,

Thank you for the reply. Please do send me info on the other classified ad sites. I will PM you with my email address.

I will take your other advice into consideration when we finalize our program this week.

Thanks again,

Peter