1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO and PPC a full time job?

Would you think that doing the SEO and PPC for a small to medium company is full time job for someone? That is what I do for a ecommerce company and someones find my self thinking I have not enough work to fill the time.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It depends that what they are targeting. if u have many products then it is a full time job but if you are working on few keywords then surely its not a full time job
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

This depends on a number of factors,

SEO can absolutely be a full-time job, I've worked in SME's that are desperate for a full-time SEO and equally I'v worked with SME's that simply needed a small retainer with an agency to keep things ticking over.

SEO

If you are in a niche that has huge opportunity for driving online sales, or enquiries online and the level of of potential business justifies the potential ROI of employing somebody in house to manage SEO then absolutely, you could employ someone full-time.

I would be looking at,

How do customers currently find you?
    Could customers find you for your product / services online?
    Is there sufficient demand (i.e. keyword volume) for the search terms that would deliver business?

PPC

Much of the same logic applies here and generally, PPC is, in some ways, it's own isolated P&L if you don't factor in customer LTV via other channels.
    How much could you spend via Paid Search vs how much you believe you could bring in return - that will answer your query on ROI and justifying an employee's wage.

I look after a relatively large ecommerce company and my team is built up of the following,

In-house

- SEO Manager
    - PPC Manager
    - 2 x Content Writers (who look after email and social too)
    - Merchandiser
    - Developer
    - Designer

External Resource

- PR Agency
    - Content Marketing Agency
    - Extra Freelance Designer

However, we have very large goals and aspirations long-term and are delivering a huge amount of growth.
    Music Fan | Formula 1 Geek | Apple Fanboy | Head of Digital
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

SEO all activities generate all about traffic definitely will take a lot of time and PPC is just instant drive traffic with a lot of investment on a daily basis

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo