1. UK Based SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by nabeel
    let's suppose that i have an ecommerce website and i am getting overwhelming reviews on my products. so i m just curious to know how can i use those reviews to attract more people and increase sales simultaneously. detailed answer would be praiseworthy from my side.

Its fine having great reviews on your site ! This shows that people like what you do or sell . ( unless you wrote them yourself )

A review is not going to drive people to your site though is it ???

To attract more people to your site you need to do what this sites all about SEO.

Reviews isnt the place to be trying to get more traffic and convert this to sales .

read the stickies on here and learn about SEO
    "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."
  3. UK Based SEO

Originally Posted by nabeel
    thanks craig.. i really appreciate your instant response. you suggested me to do general SEO but unique content is been in debates for so long and many SEO techniques (or so called link building techniques) directory submission, link exchanges, paid linking etc are outdated too. so i am just counting on content rather than doing outdated tasks. do you think sharing those reviews on social media would be beneficial? or you suggest me anything else.
    Hi well social media in general can be very good for driving traffic to your site so if done correctly can be beneficial . Bare in mind it wont help you climb the search engines !

But if its driving traffic then go for it .
    Unique content is whats required , and if its of a high quallity people will want to link to it naturally you should also think more on this subject !

You really should read more on this forum , and ask specific questions to seo , all the info ( well majority ) from the better known posters is very valuable and is the latest info . Bare in mind all these guys have been there and done it ! Its free info and very helpful so try and take full advantage of it if you have the time .
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by craigseo
    Bare in mind it wont help you climb the search engines !
    I wouldn't 100% agree with this. From my point of view a well implemented social media campaign can bring in quite a few decent links to your site. Obviously creating a facebook page for example won't boost your ranking straight away, but it's what you do with it that counts! As with most things in life ;)

I'd also like to answer the OP. Try having a review widget on your homepage were you can click through to read full reviews. Contact the people giving you good reviews and ask what they liked about the service etc.

If someone gives you a good review then take the time to thank them as you must have been pretty good to get one. People and consumers EXPECT good service and products so therefore rarely take the time to leave a good review.

The same thing goes for bad reviews on websites that may not be your own. Contact them ASAP and try and resolve the issue.

Hope some of this helps
    Last edited by double_dd; Jun 10th, 2010 at 05:04 AM.
  7. UK Based SEO

Originally Posted by double_dd
    I wouldn't 100% agree with this.
    Facebook is no follow

whats not to agree with it will definetly not help you go higher up the search engines !!!!!!

It will if used correctly as you stated ... drive traffic to your site ......
  9. No Profile Picture
    SBR
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Its fine having great reviews on your site ! This shows that people like what you do or sell . ( unless you wrote them yourself )

A review is not going to drive people to your site though is it ???

To attract more people to your site you need to do what this sites all about SEO.

Reviews isnt the place to be trying to get more traffic and convert this to sales .

read the stickies on here and learn about SEO
    You should take advantage of the fact that people are leaving reviews and you should capitalize on it.

For instance you could create a newsworthy press release stating that product x has received 1000 positive reviews.
    Florida Internet Marketing

Google Maps SEO and Local Optimization Guide

I don't know what this means. I don't think it means anything.
    ~Eddie Vedder
  11. Contributing User

User reviews are an easy way to incorporate frequently updated content to each page. This is one reason why Amazon ranks so well, other people update the quality content on each of their product pages.

as SBR mentioned, you can garner this info and issue it as a press release. You can also look at your most popular item and create a content giving this item away for free... this could build you many quality links.
    Follow me on Twitter for SEO tips @NickLeRoy
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Facebook is no follow

whats not to agree with it will definetly not help you go higher up the search engines !!!!!!

Well you are absolutely correct that the links from facebook or twitter will not directly effect your search engine rankings, but they can indirectly. If done properly it will not only bring in direct traffic form those sources, but also get you more links in the end. By promoting your site, brand, etc you are giving yourself a chance to get more links from other places.

Social Networking should never be the only way you should promote something, but it should definitely play a role if you want to be a major player in your niche.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Facebook is no follow

I think you misunderstood my post. I was trying to get the point across that having a Facebook page or Twitter or any other social media site will NOT directly affect your ranking as yes, they are nofollow. Now that's that cleared up.

I then went on to say it's what you do with it that counts. If you drive traffic to your website through the use of social media and then that in turn brings in some decent links then YES it has helped with the SEO and therefore potentially your ranking.

Hope that has cleared things up.