Thread: SEO Nightmare!

1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Warrington, UK
    SEO Nightmare!

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeking some urgent help...

So, a friend of mine has a website here,

He has asked a developer to make him a new site based on the above and so has basically done a very elaborate copy and paste and built the following, ( it is nearly finished )

They are BOTH live - which is not ideal. They are sat on the same server too.

Eventually, the new site will have the original domain ( ) when it is ready.

As there is an elaborate 'copy and paste' they both have the same search console tracking code.

Although robots.txt on the new unfinished website is allowing search engines to crawl it, Google has not indexed one page - this worries me, however there is a lot of the same content on both websites.

I am hoping that when the new site has the domain, everything will work seamlessly.

I have ran a ScreamingFrog on the new unfinished site ( and for some reason, SF is only showing me the home page an nothing else - something else that is a concern.

Please can someone out there give me advice on this site, on any of the above. It would be mostly appreciated.

3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Screaming frog spiders your new site no problem so not sure what your doing wrong there.
    Seeing as this is a new site though I am surprised to see so many 301 redirects on a new site. I expected zero.(191)

In total I crawled 2400 pages so it seems ok
    As for the tracking code, create a new one for this site. I must admit I have never tried using the wrong tracking number so no idea how google will see it.