1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Local/National/International

Our site gets number 1 on google.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sugexp=chrome,mod=2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=essay+editing+service

Safestudentsupport.com

However, is this local to my area, or national or international?

i'e does this only show as first when you are local to our business location, or do we still how as number 1 nationally?

How would I tell this?

Thanks

Alex
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

When I looked at google.com from my location near Washington DC I didn't see your site in the top 10. When I changed to google.co.uk I saw your site ranked 5th with the /stayingsafe page showing in the serps.

When you use google notice on the left hand side of the screen the location field. It is probably set for your location or nearby.

Change it to some other communities and see how your site ranks for the same search phrase.

Google is applying a "location factor" for various search phrases when it determines or ascertains by algo that the intent of many of the searches are local or regional.

Take a look through this article and patent discussion: It describes the phenomena: http://www.seobythesea.com/2012/06/how-google-may-identify-implicitly-local-queries/

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks local very interesting
  7. Banned

I think your search is a country based one. since you posted a link from www.google.co.uk.

Question: When the time you saw you ranked number 1 in Google.co.uk are you logged in from Google or not? because if your not logged in, this result would probably be the same as other Google UK users.
  9. No Profile Picture
    -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

It's 5th organically, which is 8th overall with the adwords.

You're probably seeing a personalized result as mentioned.

Doesn't seem like it would be a very high volume traffic keyword, are you getting any visitors from it?.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

First of all your site is only a couple of months old correct, so you seeing it in 1st could have been ever a boost in rankings whilst google works/worked out where your site should rank, or personalised search.

If you want to make sure all personalised search options are off please google "turn off google personalised search" and you should find all the tips and tricks to make sure that you never see any personalised or local searches.

For example, depending on which browser your in you can turn off your location and/or auto add &pws=0 to the end of the search url.

Also see https://www.google.co.uk/preferences?hl=en and https://www.google.co.uk/history/optout?hl=en
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. No Profile Picture

its depend your location and which type of location you select.
    i.e you choose a US for your site then seo will be global and you chose a local location for your site then seo will be local.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo