1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Help/advice with PC Accessories Site to Increase Sales

Hi,

I built <snip> a few days ago which uses Fresh Store builder and custom scripts such as the blog with auto replies etc. I was expecting a few sales within the first fews days but as I am a beginner at developing sites this didn't happen. Fresh store builder has on site SEO built into it and I have set up a twitter page which tweets the latest deals and offers from the site. Looking through the products there are some genuinely good PC accessory products that can easily sell, so why is there no sales or traffic? Is it the niche?

Some advice would be really appreciated on how I can increase sales and traffic to the site.

Thanks,
    Harry
    Last edited by dzine; Apr 3rd, 2013 at 02:26 AM.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

The days of throwing up a web site and having it selling products within a few days are long gone.

You need to establish the site by building links and social interactions with the site and brand.

There are some things you can do to get the ball rolling on sales.

* Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaigns will get the ball rolling and an effectively run campaign can generate good positive ROI.
    * Keyword Research to target long tail keywords with a only a few searches but very low competition - use KEI - Keyword Effectiveness Index
    * Start creating a social network following and interacting with interested parties.
    * Create some useful and engaging product reviews and leverage them through your following.

Also, there are some usability issues with the way the site is laid out which could be improved upon. Setting up some simple AB split testing will help you identify what does and doesn't work.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Harry's first post is an advertisement and a poor attempt to drop what he thought would be a link. Don't let him suck you in.
    This site is letting way too much slide. Were slowly turning into a crappy forum, well it's not really that slow growing any more.
    Way too much crap and when crap sticks it attacks more crap.