Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Evaluation, Hiring, and quality work

Initially when i started my company i did all the SEO etc; myself, but in the past 2 yrs i have become quite busy with managing the store i could not focus and keep up to date so i outsourced the work to india which provided results but i never felt it was quality results.

I finally got some help at the store so i am going through the reports and doing research into our links and find the quality is just bad, improper spelling, bad grammar and unrelated keywords in blog backlinking which is to be expected when overseas outsourcing.

We get a lot more traffic to our site, but not a lot more customers so its obvious that its just random traffic. Its not targeted traffic, which i want to change. the problem with hiring somebody either local or overseas is reviews dont matter that much as people dont know if the tactics used were genuine or weather or not they wont be penalized at some point and are simply enjoying the quick boost.

This is why i find it hard to hire somebody for this type of work. There are so many rules, and changes with SEO that even if a company did well in the past who is to say they will do well currently or in the future with the algorithm changes.

I hope our site is still in decent rankings and doesnt have any penalties. I did put some long quality articles and postings on the site which took me quite some time. Many people praise us for that quality content, but its hard for me to know if that fact remains the same or if the outsources have ruined us.
    Last edited by jamespayne; Jan 20th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

We get a lot more traffic to our site, but not a lot more customers so its obvious that its just random traffic. Its not targeted traffic, which i want to change
    Probably usability and conversion optimization would help too

This is why i find it hard to hire somebody for this type of work. There are so many rules, and changes with SEO that even if a company did well in the past who is to say they will do well currently or in the future with the algorithm changes.
    Since you were doing SEO yourself and did it quite successfully, you are likely to have some solid background knowledge of it. Why not hire initial couple-hour consulting in a few places and just from talking to them you'll be able to get the feeling how up-to-date they are

That's at least what I'd do
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture

Like ann said random traffic or generic traffic are different thing and if your website is on 1st page ranking with one or two keywords it does not mean you should expect huge traffic , you need to target more good keywords to gain more targeted user.
  7. No Profile Picture

If you are looking to do your SEO work yourself now, just make sure you have a good grasp and understanding of the different aspects of it all. Knowing the quality guidelines, becoming familiar with the different algo updates and their effects (panda/penguin/hummingbird), on-site optimization, proper link building, etc, etc will be the basis of you doing well. And always use white hat techniques to avoid trouble in the future!

Regarding this, any SEO company worth looking at should always be following the changes with everything SEO as things are constantly changing. SEO and the whole local world is always on the move and if you can't keep up then they've already lost the race.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I was not interested in doing SEO myself. I mentioned i used to do it and that i am not up to date nor do i have the time to manage this task as i have to operate the actual store and manage employees, i was interested in knowing how i can find a suitable company or individual to perform SEO and know that they are qualified and up to date. There are tons of people claiming top results. I have yet to hire somebody to do proper link building on related sites to our industry, and im not sure why this is so hard to find.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am trying to avoid this by finding a reputable person or company to perform our work
    Was Expedia targeted by 'negative SEO' campaign?
  13. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

So you're ready to blackhat your competitors to get rankings?
    On the link building deal..it's getting harder and harder. A site now needs to get natural links... so you won't know there even coming. Links that come from niches that are interested in you and your product. Links that are are not there to just pass page rank but to entice users to visit you and turn into a conversion. With links like that you need not worry about pr.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I said im trying to avoid that.

Yes i am aware of the new natural links, so i now wonder how SEO companies can help build quality links and improve web page rankings.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz
    I was not interested in doing SEO myself. I mentioned i used to do it and that i am not up to date nor do i have the time to manage this task as i have to operate the actual store and manage employees, i was interested in knowing how i can find a suitable company or individual to perform SEO and know that they are qualified and up to date. There are tons of people claiming top results. I have yet to hire somebody to do proper link building on related sites to our industry, and im not sure why this is so hard to find.
    Oh okay, I think I just misunderstood. What industry are you in if you don't mind me asking?
  19. No Profile Picture

Select good and attractive keyword for your website and always submit your link good and high page rank website then your website gain traffic. Always remember that never use black hat technique because if any time Google catch you with spamming or other black hat technique then Google may be penalized your website.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by NanaO
    Oh okay, I think I just misunderstood. What industry are you in if you don't mind me asking?
    We are in the IT and electronic repair industry
  23. Digital Marketing

i outsourced the work to india which provided results but i never felt it was quality results.
    Don't get mad or think I am targeting anyone but holy cow I am getting a L O T of that lately. Like every day...

It's a pretty good guess that you have a Penguin issue that you will need to get out from under. The good news is that in general, local IT related key phrases are not that competitive. If your domain has tanked it may be easier to start with a new one.

The first step is to get someone to look at your site and your analytics and determine if there is a penalty. The cost for this should be nothing to minimal as it only takes 10 minutes once analytics access has been granted. From there get some quotes and some references from SEO firms and CHECK THE REFERENCES. If you'd like you can message me anyone you are thinking of hiring and I will vet them for you.

A fair cost for SEO done right in your niche should be less than 1k monthly. Some firms will build you a new free wordpress site in exchange for the recurring revenue of an SEO contract.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The domain is fine, i just stopped using those firms and was looking for a better firm that could operate on a budget of $400 per mth, from looking around it seems they want more than $2000. The problem with references is most of them will be from customers that notice results and will then praise them for the work, without knowing if the work is quality.

For example, they could do a ton of bad seo and you say yay thanks you are the best and leave you a review
    Then later on your site gets deindexed
  27. No Profile Picture

The domain is fine, i just stopped using those firms and was looking for a better firm that could operate on a budget of $400 per mth, from looking around it seems they want more than $2000. The problem with references is most of them will be from customers that notice results and will then praise them for the work, without knowing if the work is quality.

For example, they could do a ton of bad seo and you say yay thanks you are the best and leave you a review
    Do you mind if I private message you about this?
  29. rod@missionop.com

Here the problem. No one can live on $400/month - you can't what makes you think someone else can?

And that assumes all that $400 goes to the SEO for labor. The problem with that most SEO Practitioners are not gifted in wordsmithing, they rarely know your industry that are not gifted by insider knowledge, skills or experience and without these two ingredient all they can do is fake your value to Google by spinning content (e.g. real cheap content because your $400 does not pay much for that) and inorganic links (e.g. real cheap links because your $400 does not pay much for that).

You're begging to be: 1. scammed, or 2. devalued because you are not investing in a service that is capable of providing the return you desire.

I am 100% positive that if you hire anyone for for less than a few thousand/month you are getting scammed because you are getting blackhat SEO. The provider won't admit that because you did not desire Blackhat anything... but the State of the Search Union is this:
    "If you build it, and they come - that's what you wanted/that is what you paid for. If you build it, and they don't come, that is OK to because that's what you wanted/that is what you paid for as well."
    If you demand results ONLY... and the risk associated with the contract you get involved in isn't "if it works GREAT but if it does not work that is also GREAT," you are involved in Blackhat!

My point... organic results is absolutely free it cannot be bought for any price. It is merely a side effect of creating genuine market demand.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: