1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO in Ecommerce shopping carts...

I currently have a shopping cart with volusion and am considering a switch. We rank well in many terms within google. The questions are, is one specific cart really going to make a big difference? I am currently considering bigcommerce, 3dcart, and possibly magento go. Does anyone have an input on seo on these carts? I just don't want to be moving backwards.

I realize adding the meta keywords, description, and title are easy for products and pages. Canonical links are available on all, as well as static .htm pages. I have been reading a lot on the forums and it seems that content, content, and more content is the huge key, but if the search engines can't efficiently read the content then couldn't that be an issue?

Bigcommerce claims to be the best SEO shopping cart and continually be audited by an SEO expert.

Ultimately, does any one have any input on seo for these shopping carts or just carts in general. I have been trying to figure this out for the last couple weeks and it seems that you all are the experts and I would love some input, as it would take a lot off my shoulders knowing something about it.

Thank you for any help/advice.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes I agree with you for optimization content needs to be there which can be easily added in Drupal/Joomla based carts but not in OSCommerce etc.
    Site with Content may be optimized for specific keywords just by creating relevant articles pointing to your products.

I too am running an ubercart site.
    Most important seo issues related to it are:
    1) Title/H1/h2 tags
    2) Optimizing for choosen keywords
    3) Backlinking from good context
    4) Internal linking

Meta tags are unimportant.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anyone else have input on different shopping cart SEO?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am also considering magentogo as well. Anyone have input on seo for shopping carts?
  9. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I researched seo before I picked a cart and decided on magento. Pm me and I can hook you up with a real expert on magenta if you don't already have someone. She's wonderful.

I'm on iPad, sorry for crappy typing. It won't accept magento as correct spelling lol
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by JBacchi
    I researched seo before I picked a cart and decided on magento. Pm me and I can hook you up with a real expert on magenta if you don't already have someone. She's wonderful.

I'm on iPad, sorry for crappy typing. It won't accept magento as correct spelling lol
    I am definitely interested. I can't PM you though. The forum says I don't have access/permission. If you could PM that would be great. Have you seen magentogo platform? It will allow you to use all the third party extensions on Saas software. If it is all integrated and works well, it will definitely blow the other shopping carts out of the water in my opinion. The options would nearly be limitless. Anyways, if you could send me that PM. Thanks.
  13. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by live4soccer7
    I am definitely interested. I can't PM you though. The forum says I don't have access/permission. If you could PM that would be great. Have you seen magentogo platform? It will allow you to use all the third party extensions on Saas software. If it is all integrated and works well, it will definitely blow the other shopping carts out of the water in my opinion. The options would nearly be limitless. Anyways, if you could send me that PM. Thanks.
    I sent her IM to you on Yahoo - She is great. I didn't go with magentogo 'cause I wanted to design my cart and I wanted to have more control than I would have with magentogo. If you don't care about that, then magentogo could work for you. The girl I gave you her name is really good and a magento whiz. She is very affordable too.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

never tried magento but it seems to be popular. Just for comparison, take a look at e-junkie.com; I used them once and for my only e-commerce site ever and it was a nice experience.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by JBacchi
    I sent her IM to you on Yahoo - She is great. I didn't go with magentogo 'cause I wanted to design my cart and I wanted to have more control than I would have with magentogo. If you don't care about that, then magentogo could work for you. The girl I gave you her name is really good and a magento whiz. She is very affordable too.
    Oh, ok. You went with the magento service that you install on your own server. I'm pretty sure that is how it work. I have taken a look at that as well. Did you go with the community, professional, or enterprise edition?

Just curious, do you have a screen shot of the backend of your magento store. Wondering if it is the same backend as magentogo? Thanks for all the info so far.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey JBacchi, I would like to chat with you on IM about magento if you get some time. I should be around the comp most of the night and quite a bit tomorrow as well. Just send me an IM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm thinking about using one of the magento platforms, either community or professional. We aren't quite ready for the enterprise.

I'm a little confused at what the difference is between them though. Couldn't I accomplish the same things as the professional and enterprise edition that you can get with the community addition or are they a lot more setup already? I'm just a little confused at the differences here. What did you end up using, JBacchi?
  23. No Profile Picture

why to use only one shopping cart,can use different shopping cart par alley and the most important thing is that it should look attractive so it can attract more customers here
  25. No Profile Picture

Nice suggestion. Yes i agree Unique content is must.