Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

SEO Certification

Hello,

Can any one please let me know how to get an authorized SEO certification?
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by bhanu1983
    Hello,

I have no idea but one thing i would like to mention here grow your self and learn as you can what ever you learn you implement it in your seo obviously seo chat is great institute to get an authorized seo certification
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO certification?? sounds new to me.. I don't think that there is an existing "legitimate" certification programs for SEO.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They are many places that give you a certificate BUT none of them from a recognize firm like Google or Yahoo

Originally Posted by aira
    SEO certification?? sounds new to me.. I don't think that there is an existing "legitimate" certification programs for SEO.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

Pay me 1000 and I will get you an authorised Msc in SEO from a genuine highly regarded non-accredited British university which is based upon your real world experience. No need to study.

This course is authorised by The Royal British SEO Guild of Great Britain so you know it has to be good.

That not enough, for an extra 2000, you can be the proud owner of PHd in SEO

Comments on this post

• Swirleigh agrees : Hahaha. Could I then put the letters after my name?
    • jalaj4you agrees : :lol: Can we have some negotiations regarding the price? :lol:
  11. Contributing User

Bruce Clay (known co.) offers a training course with cert.

Take a peak:
    http://www.seotoolset.com/training/courses.html

Has anyone attended this? I'm interested in hear about this course further
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Perma
    Bruce Clay (known co.) offers a training course with cert.

Take a peak:
    http://www.seotoolset.com/training/courses.html

Has anyone attended this? I'm interested in hear about this course further
    Just took a look....looks about as authorised and certified as the one I am advertising

Comments on this post

• SEOmaverick agrees : haha, brilliant :)
  15. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Originally Posted by saigon2010
    Just took a look....looks about as authorised and certified as the one I am advertising

Hhaha, yea, no kidding, although bruce clay is reputable. BTW, a few trusted members offer training courses here.... all they do for the beginner is expedite the learning process that you could easily attain from the wealth of info in the forum.

Comments on this post

• europa agrees : Like DJStreet and his training is good too!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think the point is that no one can offer an authorised or certified course in SEO as no one owns the internet

You can by all means offer an SEO course and teach the basics, but there's no guarantee that the basics you're being taught will work and are tried and tested techniques.

The only thing I would consider would be an SEO course from an accredited university, but it seems that they're not stupid enough to run one cos by the time you finish your degree, chances are that everything you were taught would be out of date

Comments on this post

• THE BERG agrees : Anyone good enough to teach it would cost too much. How can you certify someone in something that has no black and white answers?
  19. SEO Gawdess
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It doesn't matter how many certificates on your wall, or website, if you don't have any top ranking success stories you can show off to back up your "know how".

I truely respect Bruce Clay's firm, but there is no way a new comer to SEO can take a 1 to 2 day workshop and learn all there is to know to then deserve some kind of blue ribbon badge of recognition as a SEO Master.

Last week I reviewed a site for seo friendliness that had just sent their webdesigner to a Bruce Clay workshop. Three H1's on home page, none mentioned primary keyword phrase, no h2s and links to internal pages weren't keyword rich, they were more on the line of the "click here" variety. They are currently ranked #200 for their targeted keyword phrase.

One SEO test I found fun taking is the SEO Expert Quiz: http://www.seomoz.org/seo-expert-quiz. Thing is, getting a good passing grade still doesn't prove how good of an SEO you really are, only top rankings can do that.
  21. Search Engine Obsessed

If I or anybody with sense, were to hire an SEO. I'd be asking to see their portfolio, evidence their strategies work, not for their certificates. Whether that's a certificate in SEO or a PHD in law. The proof is in the pudding.

So if you're serious about becoming an SEO. It's time to start building a portfolio of success stories.
  23. Wearing Many Hats
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

In life and work, you'll find a lot of catch-22's. "How do I get the work, if I need a portfolio, and how do I build one without any clients?"

SEO can be one of the very few industries where you can dive in right away without any clients. Start your own site on something you enjoy. Give it 6 months to a year of reading in forums like this one and applying your new found knowledge.

When you hit #1 for your target keyword, print a screenshot of the Google result page, and frame it over your computer. Add a blue ribbon with some tassles if it makes you feel more important.

Yep, proof is in the pudding. If you have proven results in SEO, that's all you really need to approach prospective clients.
  25. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Swirleigh
    One SEO test I found fun taking is the SEO Expert Quiz: http://www.seomoz.org/seo-expert-quiz. Thing is, getting a good passing grade still doesn't prove how good of an SEO you really are, only top rankings can do that.
    Heh, cool quiz. Anyone can actually learn from that quiz, because the bar increases when you get a correct answer ...
  27. Angel down from Heaven
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hello,

WEBCEO offers SEO online training to get an SEO certificate.
  29. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Janna122003
    WEBCEO offers SEO online training to get an SEO certificate.
    When I am very new to SEO and before I joined SEO chat. I have tried this one. Very good only for fundamentals. And not reliable if you need to work out with real projects, you need a forum and a solid hands-on in SEO.

Comments on this post

• BASTY19 agrees : also like this one > "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great"
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: