1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

SEO and blogging

Hello,

I want to have my safety intact and am wondering if that is easy to do if I blog anonymously?

My other concern is is if I blog anonymously, will that hurt my google ranking?

Also, on a different note, what do you guys do for website security for wordpress? I've heard that plugins can slow down a wordpress website.

Thank you.
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Hi violingirl,

What do you mean by blogging anonymously?

You can add SSL for WP security.
    That's a bad advice, SSL and Wordpress security are two totally different subjects....

The first steps to wp security would be modifying wp-admin and wp-login page URLS (no on-page logging with admin rights) and restricting access to any administrative area of your site to certain IP addresses (via .htaccess).

You should also use of a non commun username (using admin as a username is a bad practice) and a strong password (no your daughter's dog name or your date of birth is not a strong password )
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Be aware, depending on your type of hosting, if you have multiple domains on the same hosting account, those domains will probably have the same IP address. If someone does a reverse IP lookup on your domain (for anonymous blogging), then they might see the other domains associated with your real name. Then if you’re using the same WP theme on all the websites, a smart *** might piece it together. To get around this, you could serve your site through a full CDN which will probably give it a new IP address different from your hosting account. I have this on a few of my sites and it’s a bit of a diversion that most average sleuths couldn’t figure out.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good deal, themikapierre!
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

You can use SSL for security in WordPress.