1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SE optimizing is no longer what it used to be...help needed!

After 4 years of SE optimizing I am finding it more and more difficult to obtain good results on the SE's with my websites. Google is the main problem. For 3 years I have been using Web Position Gold page critic to optimize my index pages. PLEASE PLEASE can someone point me in the right direction:

1. Is Web Position Gold no longer relevant :
    2. Are there any new techniques I should be aware of :
    3. Are there any good articles or websites (which are not all theory) explaining how to achieve good results on Google :

Your help and is much appreciated......
  3. simple-biz.com

Cyberil I am surprised you have obtained any good results with WPG on Google.

First of all stop using any automated optimasation tools and start doing verything manualy as most of us do.

Then you have to go through a very steep learning curve to undesrtand how to do things in the right way.

My suggestion will be start reading from here.

http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1150

This website is one of the best resource (if not the best) where you can learn almost everything about SEO. If any of the above fails we are here to help, just ask and please be specific.

Hope this helps ;)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I find WPG excellent on Google, it has given me some excellent results.
  7. simple-biz.com

I won't get in to - which software is better than the other -discussion.

What I am saying is don't use automated software. This is even made quite clear with some of the other SEs and especialy by Google.

As an example, please just look at this Google guidelines for webmasters page ( I hope you have read it before you have done any SEO work so far) Basic principles: bullet 4
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

Most of the information is already available on this site. Also most of that well detailed tips/advices are already tested and agreed with the succesfull SEOs.

The post here http://www.seochat.com/viewtopic.php?t=1150
    will give you the best starting point even if you have never done any SEO work before.

I am sorry to say that in the past achieving a good ranking with search engines used to be a fairly simple matter. You’d code up your page with the right keywords and meta tags, and have a doorway page or two and, you’re in the top 10.

Now it's a different story. It requires pre-planning, knowing the rules and how to apply them plus hours and hours of donkey work and a lot of patience.

So please don't be afraid, and start learning the new way of doing SEO and ask here to the experts to get help.

Hope this helps
  9. Contributing User

I would have to agree with simple-biz

Much better to do things manually, however in saying that some of these tools can be useful - but its the iniatial techniques such as keyphrases generating that will benefit you more.

Then theres the link generation that will also help your rankings - theres no other better way to generate links than the old fashioned manual wway!

Tom

www.2bscene.net
  11. Contributing User

Couldn't you just use WPG to check results of where you rank on search engines? I mean running reports doesn't send anything to search engines or does it? I don't use WPG to submit just to run reports.

Thanks