Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is Schema.org important for SEO???

Hi to all,

When I check Seoquake this is the warning message I receive. Should I resolve this considering it is important for SEO or should I ignore it.

However I would like to know what does this mean....

Error Message
    Your page does not utilize Schema.org markup.
    You can validate your markup with the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Comments on this post

• SEOToday agrees
  3. Contributing User

We do use some basic schema markup on most of our large websites with lots of pages - breadcrumbs at the least.
    Schemas are better ways to tell search engines what information you are showing and where. So if you are aiding search engines in doing something good - that is by definition Search Engine Optimization.
    However, do they help you in ranking better? Yes they do. They help SEs understand your site structure better and are a great ways to interlink relevant pages schematically.
    But are they absolutely necessary and are you doing something wrong by not using them? No
    For a 10 page website with a limited offering you need not care about schema markups at all.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

My site is an financial instrument review site and I have close to 37 pages and will be adding 10 more in the next 10 days.

So envigodigital you pointed the number of pages criteria which I think I have to look in to.

and I would like to know how to go about doing this ???
  7. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Nowadays there are many uses of structured data by this search engines can easily determine your page information in high priority. This helps crawlers about what stuffs and can even get you a nice rich snippet!
    https://developers.google.com/search...sfp=3791164773 Google is working very hard to update their documentation on what structured data they are currently using. So you should use this. That be an advantage for your site.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  9. Contributing User

Since you have a review site, consider these two things.
    1. Bread crumbs in Home > Financial Instrument Category > Financial Instrument > Review
    2. Ratings schema.
    These two are minimal stuff you should look into. Either follow the mark up guidelines on schema.org or find a a site that has these mark ups implementd well and copy that implementation. Its all HTML and css so your developers can easily re-do them on your website.
  11. Entrepreneur

You can take a look from https://schema.org/Text and https://schema.org/Rating and try to implement some of the attributes from here as Envigodigital suggested above.
  13. No Profile Picture

Yes, it is important for Good CTR and a pretty boost in search engine rankings.
  15. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by ninja09
    Yes, it is important for Good CTR and a pretty boost in search engine rankings.
    Really
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Really
    Is anything wrong there?
  19. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

You're implying that schema will provide a direct boost to your rankings.

Making your SERP listings more attractive to viewers? Yes, potentially. Getting them to click more? Maybe. Boosting your rankings just by virtue of being there? Provide authoritative proof (i.e. a link to an authoritative source) or please do not make such an assertion.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Thank you
    • Pierre Benneton agrees
  21. Contributing User

I would definitely recommend schema markup for your site. It only adds to the quality of the site for the search engines. It requires very little work to do and IMHO is well worth it.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi All

I just took some time to read all your inputs, I'm still reading it over, I see responses stating it is pretty simple so I've decided to work on it as per all your suggestions. I'm not an SEO expert but I'll do a bit of reading and get this organised. Since I'm ignorant on this excuse me guys. I'm going to open of couple of more doubts kindly give me your responses would definitely appreciate it.

Many Thanks guys

Daniel
  25. No Profile Picture

Hey Mark, I am not saying to pull hands back and wait for ranking improvements, but yes, it would be great to improve CTR. And good CTR means good reputation in front of Google.

Google will definitely prefer website with good traffic. If somebody on 10th position with low CTR then Schema is one of the best way to improve rank from 10th to 1st. Backlinks and content are most important but schema is also one of the 100 other SEO factors.

Would like to know your opinion, I will definitely improve my answer if I can see valid reason for something wrong I am saying here. Thanks
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

One clue for me is the WMT has a screen that monitors the amount of structured data your site contains. It basically reports this in same way as the actual numbers of pages you have indexed. It is a pretty good hint from Google that this is an extremely important quality indicator.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by ninja09
    Would like to know your opinion, I will definitely improve my answer if I can see valid reason for something wrong I am saying here. Thanks
    I trust John Mueller more than your answer, mate, no offense! Do your research first, then make your assertive claims.....

You should always put forth you best effort to answer a question, regardless of your personal opinions. The things that get posted on this forum can and do influence people looking for SEO answers. Lets not give incorrect advice !
    I used to believe that having blog.somedomain.com was better than somdomain.com/blog/. I was wrong !

I will add that adding it, it's a great idea, but will it directly improve you ranking, I truly believe no. Does it indirectly influence your ranking, Yes ! There is a difference.

May I suggest you improve your answer ? BTW you are welcome.

The link for John Mueller's statement >>>> A Guide To Schema Markup & Structured Data SEO Opportunities By Site Type

Then there is this article as well >>>> https://moz.com/learn/seo/schema-structured-data

Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 23rd, 2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: