Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Yes it is important and my data shows in helps even with ranking (some may argue indirectly) with rankings especially when it comes to local SEO.
    Data Oriented SEO and Digital Marketing is the only way to go in modern days.
    Los Angeles SEO Consultant | Data Scientist at Analytics Clarity
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I am not sure about rankings, but it does greatly improve the link to your page on the SERP. We're using the following schema's for our webshop:
    - Breadcrumbs
    - Product and Offer
    - Review

Combined, they show up in the results as review stars, with availability, price and sometimes even an image. A lot better than just the text, which is what we got without Schema.org.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't think we should overthink this Schema thing. Schema was made to help users access the most important data quickly without looking for information on the website. Therefore it is an information and not a ranking factor. But after adding Schema you will start affecting CTR for sure, which is ranking factor.
  7. Contributing User

Schema is becoming important to google so that it can pick information out of big chunks of data. With SEOs now churning out 600 words length articles as a defacto standard for a good article it becomes important to find out how much of information is there in all that garbage. This information is being quickly used ways to show readymade answers on google. Eventually it may mean lesser traffic and conversions for website owners with useful data as google answers direct queries right on the SERPs. However will all that philosophy I must agree with most you here that schema mark ups are a useful thing to implement and all useful things done will positively affect your seo. You are helping SEs here and I don't see how its not improving SEO.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
    • RoyalBlueStuey agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As a case study:

I was in 13th place in the SERPS, I noticed that #1 spot utilized schema markup for the industry, with a few schema details missing.

So I copied and improved by adding a more complete schema markup to my pages. Some pages stayed the same in the serps, the main one I was tracking dropped.

Of course it's difficult to isolate the test, but I would say I have not benefited from adding the markup.
  11. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by wannabegeek
    but I would say I have not benefited from adding the markup.
    Did you get more clicks in your snippets when you optimised your schema properly.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

That's something I hadn't considered.
    I did not notice an increase, I don't think the schema actually brought anything extra into the snippets though, it wasn't a review or rating.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : I agree with you in this case
  15. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by wannabegeek
    I don't think the schema actually brought anything extra into the snippets though, it wasn't a review or rating.
    In that case you are right. But using this might be an advantage as Google says "Use Schema.org markup to give your content more prominence in search results and to surface it in new experiences like voice answers, maps, and confirmation cards" https://developers.google.com/schemas/
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: