1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Ranking Yelp listing on Google

Hello all,

I have been able to establish a very strong business listing on Yelp and currently rank very high on the
    site itself for many of my industries top keywords. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for ranking a Yelp
    business listing on Google search. I am pretty familiar with SEO for a website, however I do not know if
    it is smart to apply the same tactics to a listing. Can I be more aggressive? Any input would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by orangeseo
    Hello all,

I have been able to establish a very strong business listing on Yelp and currently rank very high on the
    site itself for many of my industries top keywords. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for ranking a Yelp
    business listing on Google search. I am pretty familiar with SEO for a website, however I do not know if
    it is smart to apply the same tactics to a listing. Can I be more aggressive? Any input would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks!

Yelp is a directory, while Google is a search engine. When using SEO, they should be treated differently. There are different methods and algorithms. I would not treat a directory the same way I would treat a search engine. Also, you should be careful with Yelp. Yelp has control over your ranking and ranks you based on a bias; if they like you, they rank you higher, if they donít they will rank you lower. Yelp is also not organic like google is.

I would love to share more, but I canít over a public platform. Just let me know if you have more questions! Hope this helped!
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Why not spend the same time ranking your site in Google and leverage the yelp rating by including it on your landing pages?

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees : yep good advice
    • Josoftech agrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ryandiscord
    Why not spend the same time ranking your site in Google and leverage the yelp rating by including it on your landing pages?
    Well said, but anyone can easily rank Yelp Listing with little work as compare to ranking a new website in SERP.