1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question to SEO Consultants

Hi there,

I have been doing SEO for a client of mine for about 4 months now and so far out of 92 keywords (12 websites) I was working on, 50 of them have increased positive ranking (some quite handsomely..). But 17 keywords stayed same ranking and 25 keywords' ranking decreased (minor decreases in most of the cases)...

I was doing lot of article posts in many relevant blogs/sites. I was getting about 30-40 links per month for each site.

I am impatient to wait to show much better rankings. Do you think this progress is good enough? What is your experience of doing SEO? How long you had to wait to see very impressive changes?
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by fatihgg
    Hi there,

I have been doing SEO for a client of mine for about 4 months now and so far out of 92 keywords (12 websites) I was working on, 50 of them have increased positive ranking (some quite handsomely..). But 17 keywords stayed same ranking and 25 keywords' ranking decreased (minor decreases in most of the cases)...

I was doing lot of article posts in many relevant blogs/sites. I was getting about 30-40 links per month for each site.

I am impatient to wait to show much better rankings. Do you think this progress is good enough? What is your experience of doing SEO? How long you had to wait to see very impressive changes?
    I think you are doing this all wrong... 12 websites? Lots of article posts?

Soon results will drop completely off and you will need to remove everything in order to have a chance at regaining results.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Using Contributor
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

fathom is right. If you keep using this strategy you run the risk of damaging your client's SEO. This kind of linkbuilding doesn't work that well anymore and certainly shouldn't be your only approach.

Assuming you re-post articles from your client's blog on other sites, make sure you use the rel=canonical element if you don't want to get slapped by panda.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

Results depend on site to site and competition, etc. Also, what you are doing to promote and rank matters a lot. Assuming you are doing only article posts and that too posting same article on different websites, you are killing it all the way. You need to try some genuine SEO strategies to work it out.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the feedback. But the article posts are at relevant websites... And I don't publish same articles... Some articles target keyword content pages and some the homepage...

do u still think there would be an issue?
  11. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the feedback. But the article posts are at relevant websites... And I don't publish same articles... Some articles target keyword content pages and some the homepage...

do u still think there would be an issue?
    Look at the quality of these article sites, are they generating you referral traffic? is your shared content getting shared or liked?
    are there any comments? if not, then its a dumb site and will not do any good for you.

What other activities do you perform besides article submission?
  13. No Profile Picture

are you posted article with page rank higher than 3 and optimise your blog . do social bookmarking ,directory submission.

Comments on this post

• RBremer : This is all super wrong.
  15. No Profile Picture

thanks. I think what you all say are theoretically true and what Google instructs SEOs... To be able to do all Google wants (not paying for links, naturally attract links from websites, etc...), you need years... But what I see is many people out there are already ranking sites even with grey hat techniques, and some with black hat...

My client had hired an agency who was doing black hat before; they were simply putting content to high PR expired domains which were used for different topics before.

But, now what I do is I put readable content with links on as relevant as possible websites.. For example, some websites allow you to post a blog post as long as it is not too spammy...

I am also doing a lot of onsite optimisation for them and I already pointed to them about how their content must be very interesting to attract social shares and natural links. I convinced them to change their content pages' layout (they had all the content below the fold), which I they will do at some point...