1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Red face A question about orginal content

I just want to clear some doubts...

So now(always) the big deal is the quality content. right?? So what if I write a content and some of them already exist(there is always a possibility right). Will Google or any other search engine have any issue with that.
    Or is it ok to check in the "plagiarism-checker" online tool to be safer.

Expecting valuable comments...
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

So what if I write a content and some of them already exist(there is always a possibility right)
    Get real...That say's one thing and one thing only...You copied it from somewhere else (what if my butt). Anyone writing original content wont have a copy of it elsewhere.
  5. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

but what if it's a total coincidence that his entire site is word for word the same as 47 other websites?
  7. No Profile Picture

How funny Rahu, you have created an original content and still it is duplicate. It means you have write any content just copied it.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    but what if it's a total coincidence that his entire site is word for word the same as 47 other websites?

hey , i dint mean about the the total content. just some lines in the content.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Broader sentences will inevitably exist already on the Internet. If the content on your site is fairly in-depth, there wouldn't be much overlap.

Matt Cutts has said himself that Google will not penalize you for duplicate content unless it's "spammy." A very loose explanation, of course, but I think it is reasonable to say that if you have 500 words on a page and a couple short, generic sentences appear elsewhere on the Internet, Google's not about to get out the pitchforks and burning sticks. However, if a very specific sentence, with multiple clauses exists on another site, I would certainly think you stole it. Why wouldn't Google think the same?

As for the plagiarism checker, go ahead and give it a whirl. But if you truly are writing your own content, it very likely won't show anything but the small talk.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, there are times when your content seems similar to something already available on some other website. But this is true, only for the message your content conveys. The words and they your website content is framed, will certainly be different.
    The only things that will be a carbon copy of something available already, would be content like - quotes, facts, etc - they cannot be changed. They are uniform everywhere.
    If ever you have a doubt writing your content, you can always use a plagiarism checker - a small seo tool easily available on the net; and then depending on that, you can change your content accordingly.

Don't forget to make content that is unique and relevant to your targeted audience.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

LOL your new content will probably have a few common sentences at most that can be found in almost all the articles there is no way your new content written by you will be the same as some other article already published by other author. Google ain't dumb it know that so if you are sure the content you're about to publish has not been rewritten neither scraped from other site then you are OK