1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Question about keyword weight in keywords meta tag

I have been doing SEO for a while now and one question always bugged me.

Will using a plural form of a keyword or key phrase increase the keyword weight of the singular form of the keyword in my keywords meta tag?

I am working on optimizing a Houston apartment locator website.
    The keywords I have available are kinda weird.

Say i had the keyword "houston apartment locator" as my main keyword and one of my other keywords is "houston apartment locators" will putting both of these in one keyword tag increase my keyword weight for "houston apartment locator" by having its plural form.

Example <meta name="keywords" content="houston apartment locator, houston apartment, houston apartment locators,...">

I use Web CEO for my optimization and when i use both these keywords in my tag it claims it reduces my keyword weight in my meta tags.

can anyone help?
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by cgeisler
    I have been doing SEO for a while now and one question always bugged me.

Will using a plural form of a keyword or key phrase increase the keyword weight of the singular form of the keyword in my keywords meta tag?

I am working on optimizing a Houston apartment locator website.
    The keywords I have available are kinda weird.

Say i had the keyword "houston apartment locator" as my main keyword and one of my other keywords is "houston apartment locators" will putting both of these in one keyword tag increase my keyword weight for "houston apartment locator" by having its plural form.

Example <meta name="keywords" content="houston apartment locator, houston apartment, houston apartment locators,...">

I use Web CEO for my optimization and when i use both these keywords in my tag it claims it reduces my keyword weight in my meta tags.

can anyone help?
    As search engine stem words stop, stops, stopped, stopping - the answer is "yes".

In my experience though Meta Keywords has no weight and Meta description has close to no weight... so both are really wasting your time.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks for your help

Thank you for clearing that up for me everyone seems to think differently about seo it's hard to find a site where people know what they are talking about. You seem to know what you are talking about.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yeah, Meta Keywords are pretty much a waste of time. There are some very interesting posts on this site by Randfish under Search Technolgies which argue that the whole notion of keyword density is misguided anyway, eg:

http://forums.seochat.com/search-technologies-65/keyword-density-a-bogus-metric-28007.html
    Last edited by mickh; Nov 18th, 2005 at 07:14 PM.