1. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up Possible to rank well using the REDDIT WEB Theory?

Been on Reddit a while and see that some outbound links are do-follow and some aren't, but most of mine are which I presume is because I've been on the forum for a while and I mod several subs.

First off, this wouldn't be spamming for some churn n' burn site. It would be legitimate links to reputable websites across the board. Here's the idea: A Reddit Web

• Tier 1 is several subreddits (some I mod, some I don't) to the "money" website.
    • Tier 2 is several subreddits with links to the Tier 1 subreddits.
    • Tier 3 is several subreddits with links to the Tier 2 subreddits and the "money" website's social profiles - Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc.

As far as do-follow vs. no-follow, both have value. As I said, I get both from Reddit, but TRAFFIC is the goal of the day for this theory. Reddit can drive serious traffic if the link is legit, helpful and not from some one-post wonder spamming the subs.

This theory is a work in progress. I know a Reddit backlink is valuable since its an authority website and Google's algo LOVES those. Plus, as I said, they can drive traffic - and that's the endgame.

Thoughts?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

This is nothing more than PBN tiered link building. You are just using a different framework of sites to supply the links. it works yes, but when Google detects it, and Google will eventually, then the links will lose all value and your rankings derived from the links will plummet into serp hell.

Some of these creations last longer than others, it all depends on how well you hide the "Connection Between the Sites".

Just for the record, this is not white, but black hat tactics. Those "DoFollow" links are being build for rank manipulation, otherwise all the links would be "NoFollow".
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Sep 29th, 2018 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

For link building, it will only count as one link from Reddit to your site. But as you say, from a traffic perspective I believe it could work if you do it in a smart way and have a quality site to back things up...
    You don't need Google if you can generate traffic from other sources... so if you can get traffic from Reddit, go ahead!
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi,
    So far my experience with Reddit, I would suggest you to start helping other Reddit members (on the subreddits in your niche) with their queries. Once you get noticed as a valuable contributor, you would naturally start receiving traffic to your website.