Thread: Pop Quiz???

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Pop Quiz???

I have a stupid newbie question as well.

What does this site actually profit from and how much profit are we talking about monthly or annually?

The reason I ask is I see a lot of what I consider "info" based sites that have great link pop/page rank and I was wondering how does that translate in to cash. I do realize they sell ad space but is that really a cash cow or is there something I'm missing.
  3. No Profile Picture
    mick.sawyer
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)
    If you are talking about seochat.
    I heard mention once that it makes $19
  5. <-- No I am not Kermit
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by mick.sawyer
    If you are talking about seochat.
    I heard mention once that it makes $19
    Yes, it has been calculated the SEO related stuff makes $19. Not 18, not 20, but $19.

Honestly, I have no idea what the owners of this site make, how much income this site generates, I only know many top-notch SEO people are here and I learn from their expertise/experience.

Comments on this post

• WeRASkitzzo agrees : Although really it has been calculated that SEO COSTS $19.00 not makes $19.00 psh.... amateur lol
    SEO Tips

SEO Consulting $50/hr - IM me for details *** PayPal available
  7. No Profile Picture

18, 19 dollars? Not sure I follow....A day, a year, per ad?

For some reason I keep getting the feeling that the members in these boards have not once looked at the rest of the website. I am talking about the site as a whole, (seochat.com) the forums are merely a small part of this site. Matter of fact, I had probably visited this site about 100 times within a two month period before I even made it to the forums. The only "product" I see for sale is web-hosting and that link brings you to what looks like a completely different site. So my question stands how does (seochat.com) turn a profit and just how much profit are we talking about.?

I agree this is an awesome site and I am not trying to size it up but rather use it as an example. In other words, how profitable is it to have an info based site? Which correct me if i am wrong is what this site is based on.

What I am getting at is....this site's link pop is pretty awesome in my opinion and if a store/product based site, such as my own had the same link pop than that would surely convert into great cash flow. However for an info based site I can't seem to figure out where the money comes from. i.e what product is sold? If there is no product being sold than whats the point of great link pop other than to say, "hey look what I did".

The reason for all of this is I was thinking of starting an info based site on a subject related to our website and I am just wondering how profitable "could" it be before I put a bunch of time and effort into it.

Thank you very much for bearing with a newbie.
    Last edited by NOLAimports; Aug 20th, 2005 at 01:09 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Please dont leave me hangin..

Thanks
  11. SEO Earthquake!
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

To find out how much this site makes you'd need to contact the owners. http://www.developershed.com/contact.php

If they tell you, share the word.

But that still won't answer your question. How much can you make? How dedicated are you? What will be original, different and inspiring about your site? Are you in a flooded market? How equiped is your competition? What is your budget? Do you have a plan of attack or counting on "if you post it they will come"?
  13. No Profile Picture

Forget this site for a moment, as it seems everyone thinks this is some culvert way to attack it. I think if they wanted me to know, one of the admins/mods would have offered up a few lines by now.

Lets look at sites like Howard Forums, Blogger.com, DrudgeReport.com and many others with awesome link pop. That has to translate in to cash flow, I just cant seem to figure out where it comes from if not from the sale of ad space. I didn't think selling ad space was that lucrative, but I'm hearing from other sources that it can be.

Thanks Anyway
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

lots of pageviews and lots of ad space....I would guess it to be somewhere in the $20,000 - $40,000 range per month... but that is just a blind guess