1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Please share your thoughts on how to target multiple regions?

Computer service company in Mississippi wants to rank in following regions Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas.

Client don't want to create separate page/subdomain for each region, they just want to rank for these locations with existing pages.

I've planned to add contents in the existing pages like:

"Although, we have clients throughout United States, most of our clients are from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas"

or

"We are looking to expand in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas"

I don't want the contents to be spammy/stuffed with keywords and misleading/deceptive to users. If there is better solution to rank for multiple regions, please advice (along with example). Thanks so much for any advice in advance.
    Last edited by gauthamvit2003; Sep 9th, 2012 at 05:47 AM.
  3. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by gauthamvit2003
    Computer service company in Mississippi wants to rank in following regions Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas.

Client don't want to create separate page/subdomain for each region, they just want to rank for these locations with existing pages.

"Although, we have clients throughout United States, most of our clients are from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas"

or

"We are looking to expand in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas"

I don't want the contents to be spammy/stuffed with keywords and misleading/deceptive to users. If there is better solution to rank for multiple regions, please advice (along with example). Thanks so much for any advice in advance.
    Geo-Targeting, it's a good idea. It may not be possible to do so with existing pages, that is without harming their current rankings.

Without seeing the current pages, I couldn't say what you need to rank for the new areas.
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks for the response DMN Webmaster. They are not ranking for any keywords and have four pages (Home, About us, Services, Contact us). I assume separate page is not a good idea in geo-targeting (it may be misleading/deceptive to users) since the client dont have office in those locations and they go to customers location to do computer service.

So, if anyone have better solutions on geo-targeting different locations (via SEO), please advice.
    Last edited by gauthamvit2003; Sep 9th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
  7. Here to help

Thanks for the response DMN Webmaster. They are not ranking for any keywords and have four pages (Home, About us, Services, Contact us). I assume separate page is not a good idea in geo-targeting (it may be misleading/deceptive to users) since the client dont have office in those locations and they go to customers location to do computer service.

So, if anyone have better solutions on geo-targeting different locations (via SEO), please advice.
    I wouldn't say that. I do run a computer service company and do service calls as far out as 75 miles. I in fact do create seperate pages for the local cities around me. I have a lot of 2 word phrases that put me on page 1. Not saying they generate traffic, but sometimes I wonder when I get a call from cities on the fringe of my service circle. Generally it is some obscure phrase I would have never thought of to use, like this "urgent onsite computer suppport hourly rate". It gives me a #1 listing. This phrase is nowhere to be found on my site, period.

If you're wondering how I come up with that, somebody actually did use that as a search. I track all my searchs with a database. That way I can get ideas on tweaking my pages, which I do every couple of months. Plus the competition here is very tough. (RTP area of NC)

So additional pages would in fact be best IMO. Remember there is no one magical page that will work equally well for all keywords.

Each page has it's job and each keyword has its page. With the areas you are targeting, create new pages for the areas in question.

Edit
    Its funny, your first phrase...
    Although, we have clients throughout United States, most of our clients are from Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas
    Returns listings about freight hauling companys
    Your second phrase....
    We are looking to expand in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas
    Your original post in this forum shows up #1 and then a bunch of municipal type listing...

Comments on this post

• gauthamvit2003 agrees
    Last edited by DMN Webmaster; Sep 9th, 2012 at 01:50 PM.
  9. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Why? maybe you need to talk them round and explain it would be the best way.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  11. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Separate pages are the way to go. I had a client in a large Metro area that had tons of smaller towns he targeted with his services. We did a page for each small town, along with some "fun facts" about the town and links from those pages to the town sites. Made a huge difference. I haven't done Google places in awhile, but if they still ask for places/cities/areas you serve, be sure to add those to the Google Places.

Comments on this post

• gauthamvit2003 agrees
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  13. No Profile Picture

or

Better solution is to buy sub domains and manage sub domains for each region. t would be easy, not stuffy and not spammy.

Comments on this post

• JBacchi agrees
  15. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by seoblast
    Better solution is to buy sub domains and manage sub domains for each region. t would be easy, not stuffy and not spammy.
    I hit the wrong button - couldn't fix it. I DISAGREE WITH THIS.
  17. Contributing User

Okay, I'm not an SEO. In fact, I'm a writer who's done tons of reading about SEO, which I'll admit is going to color the advice I'm about to give. That said...

Does the website have a blog? I fully understand if it doesn't; you need someone pretty dedicated to maintain that kind of thing, because a blog that isn't updated regularly looks seriously unprofessional. But if it does, one possibility would be to do blog entries about each of the regions the company wants to service (or is looking into expanding into) -- make these entries relevant by talking about the kind of services offered in each region, and if you can get a quote or two from a satisfied customer who has received that service (possibly even in that region), so much the better. Then go ahead and link that blog entry back to the page that offers the service you just talked about.

Also, as you've probably noticed, we get a lot of members interested in ranking locally (what with a whole forum devoted to that topic). Here's a thread that might be relevant to what you're trying to do (local company trying to rank well with backlinks): http://forums.seochat.com/link-popularity-43/need-help-with-backlinks-458876.html

I hope this helps.

Comments on this post

• gauthamvit2003 agrees : thanks for the inputs