Thread: Please Help Me!

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Please Help Me!

Hi everyone! I am so glad to have found this forum and hope to meet some new friends on here

I am really really trying to learn more about SEO. It seems that everything I am reading conflicts everything else I read.

I have had my domain almost 2 years now, recently switched to a html site from flash. I am a photographer and I am trying to get ranked as close to if not on page one (aren't we all).

Where I am getting confused is that I have my site set up.. I do not stuff keywords, I do use meta description for my images, that I put on in Photoshop. I am using the Yoast all in one SEO and update my blog twice a month or so. I just keep bouncing around and I am afraid I may have done something in my setup that isn't making my site SEO friendly. A while back I did a side blog and it bounced up through the ranks.. I just can't get my main site to rank well.

It is so frustrating when I see others ranking above me and they either don't blog or have any kind of knowledge of SEO (because they don't even know what the word means). And have had their domain only a short time. I am scared I am doing something wrong here.. I just want to be on the right track.

Any suggestions?? And thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture

would probably help to have my website on here nicolalanephotography.com

Thank you again.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You do not have a lot of backlinks to your site; 20-30 unique domains at most. If you want to build authority, try actively building backlinks rather than just attracting them with the blog. Author Rank is also growing. Your blog is nice but there is no author attributed to it. There was even one instance where I clicked Contact and it led me to http.com - which is certainly not your intention.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : Did you look at the on-site SEO? Any links that this person is able to gain will do more harm than good. Please don't give any more advice
  7. No Profile Picture

Build more backlinks to your website and try to diversify them as much as possible.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : Wrong answer
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Adam.W
    You do not have a lot of backlinks to your site; 20-30 unique domains at most. If you want to build authority, try actively building backlinks rather than just attracting them with the blog. Author Rank is also growing. Your blog is nice but there is no author attributed to it. There was even one instance where I clicked Contact and it led me to http.com - which is certainly not your intention.
    Thanks so much for helping I am still trying to learn how to add backlinks, I have been posting on lots of other blogs trying to get backlinks to my site. Is there another way to do this? I need to look into how to attribute an author to my blog.. I am the only author on there so I am assuming its just my name that would go there? I am not sure how to make sure by clicking "contact" it doesn't take you to a http.com site. I really am a newbie at all this stuff, but I am very determined to learn.
  11. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You are going to fail because your target demographic is so small. You could rank #1 for everything newborn photographer in your immediate area, convert at 5% and still fail. Sorry but it's time to grow up and start taking pictures of anyone who will pay you.

BTW, the 2 idiots who posted above me know less about SEO than you do. Please don't listen to them.
  13. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I thought you said you didn't keyword stuff:
    <title>Cary Newborn Photographer, Raleigh Newborn Photographer, Apex Newborn Photographer, Morrisville Photographer, Holly Springs Newborn Photographer</title>
    <meta name="keywords" content="Raleigh Maternity and Newborn Photographer, Cary Maternity + Newborn Photographer, Apex Maternity &amp; Newborn Photographer, Holly Springs Maternity and Newborn Photographer, Fuquay Varina Newborn and Maternity Photographer, Raleigh Lifestyle Photographer, Cary Lifestyle Photographer, North Carolina Maternity and Newborn Photographer, baby, child" />

If you're willing to work for a living and become a working photographer, consider paying someone to get your on-site SEO straight. Once that's done you can become the most proficient blogger on the planet and start to get some visibility for your site.

You are an awesome photographer.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    You are going to fail because your target demographic is so small. You could rank #1 for everything newborn photographer in your immediate area, convert at 5% and still fail. Sorry but it's time to grow up and start taking pictures of anyone who will pay you.

BTW, the 2 idiots who posted above me know less about SEO than you do. Please don't listen to them.
    My target demographic is so small? I don't understand this. I see my target keywords and the other photographers who are ranking for page one. Can I ask why you say its impossible for me to rank? I am not sure what you mean by take pictures of anyone who will pay me? I am currently trying to rank for "Raleigh Newborn Photographer" and "Cary Newborn Photographer" I am just looking for some help to get me in the right direction or for someone to look over my site and see if there is something I am doing wrong by viewing my page source code.
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    I thought you said you didn't keyword stuff:
    <title>Cary Newborn Photographer, Raleigh Newborn Photographer, Apex Newborn Photographer, Morrisville Photographer, Holly Springs Newborn Photographer</title>
    <meta name="keywords" content="Raleigh Maternity and Newborn Photographer, Cary Maternity + Newborn Photographer, Apex Maternity &amp; Newborn Photographer, Holly Springs Maternity and Newborn Photographer, Fuquay Varina Newborn and Maternity Photographer, Raleigh Lifestyle Photographer, Cary Lifestyle Photographer, North Carolina Maternity and Newborn Photographer, baby, child" />

If you're willing to work for a living and become a working photographer, consider paying someone to get your on-site SEO straight. Once that's done you can become the most proficient blogger on the planet and start to get some visibility for your site.

You are an awesome photographer.
    Thank you for your compliment on my photography I try not to stuff my posts with irrelevant keywords is what I meant. I was really trying to optimize my title, meta description and tags.. :/ I am assuming I failed big time. I need to cull back on the keywords huh?? Thanks for the advice.
  19. No Profile Picture

KernelPanic

Could you suggest a revision for my title, description and tags that isn't stuffed?

Thank you. *goes and hides under a rock now.. LOL
  21. No Profile Picture

well that's not good.... I had disabled my prophoto template seo section and was using the all in one seo plugin. I figured it had disabled my keywords in the prophoto template. It hadn't.. that is where they were all coming from. I am so confused right now my head is spinning.

Would you advise against using a plugin and just stick to the prophoto seo section on my template?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo