1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile Please critique home page title...

I am trying to decide on a page title for my dog product/boutique site. Please tell me which you would say is better and also, if there is anything you would change? Are there too many different keyword phrases in this title or is it OK?

A) Designer Dog Supplies - Boutique Dog Products, Clothes & Gifts - Pet Gear & Apparel Online at Doggie Diva

B) Designer Dog Supplies - Boutique Dog Products & Gifts - Pet Gear & Apparel Online at Doggie Diva

C) Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Products - Dog Boutique - Dog Gifts - Pet Gear & Apparel Online at Doggie Diva

D) Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Products - Dog Boutique - Dog Clothing - Dog Gifts - Pet Gear & Pet Apparel Online at Doggie Diva

E) None (and please let me know a suggestion using my target keywords)

Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'd go with [C] or

Best Dog Supplies - Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Gifts, Clothes, & Products
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking Why would you use supplies twice?

Best Dog Supplies - Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Gifts, Clothes, & Products

Why would you suggest using dog supplies twice? Why use the word best, to entice people to click? Did you purposly leave out the word pet because I should choose if I want to target dog or pet and not both? I am just trying to understand all this, thanks!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cool Keywords twice in title?

I thought repeating the same word in a title was a mistake and a waste of good keyword space? Am I incorrect on this? The title I have right now is...

Designer Dog Supplies - Boutique Dog Products & Gifts - Pet Gear Online at Doggie Diva
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by rcheltrvel
    I thought repeating the same word in a title was a mistake and a waste of good keyword space? Am I incorrect on this? The title I have right now is...
    .... then .....

Originally Posted by rcheltrvel
    Designer Dog Supplies - Boutique Dog Products & Gifts - Pet Gear Online at Doggie Diva
    Dog.....

But... what are your most competitive phrases for the site? I'm too lazy to look for you, but you should know, right?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't understand your last post

dog? what? I'm confused by that post.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

he's saying you contradict yourself.

If I cant use supplies twice, then i cant use dog twice either, which we did. Try a relevant non-compete search. Google "Hiking supplies" or "Karate supplies" and look at the titles. Which ones stand out? and why? Notice many are one page 1 and use a keyword or phrase twice.

I like to use 'best,' because in an ecommerce world, people are going to shop. they will not click on 1 link, they will possibly click on all.

'Best' helps make you stand out more for some reason. Consumers can be gullible like that. They see you're on page 1 of google with the word Best and they are on it like a dog on a bone.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i too confused with your post..can you explain me briefly..
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sure...it's simple

This is the title I have for my home page of my dog products/boutique website. I wanted to know if the title is OK?

<title>Designer Dog Supplies - Boutique Dog Products - Dog Gifts, Clothes & Pet Gear Online at Doggie Diva</title>

The keyword phrases I am targeting on the home page are all long tail phrases with the following main keywords terms in them in different varations...

Desinger Dog Supplies
    Dog Boutique
    Dog Products
    Dog Gifts
    Dog Clothes
    Pet Gear Online
    Pet Gear
    Pet Boutique
    Pet Products
    Pet Supplies
    Pet Clothes

The question is, having the title set up the way I have it now, would that target all these key word phrases or should it be condensed even more? Should it only targe 2 or 3 key word phrases and not all 11 of these? Are the dashes and commas in the correct spots to target these words? Are the words in the correct order to target these terms?

For example: If I am targeting 'Dog Boutique' and in the title, the word 'Dog' is after the word 'Boutique', woul that still be OK or does the exact phrase in the exact order need to be in there 'Dog Boutique' in order for it to be fully effective.

Hope this is clear?
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Or should it be something more like this...

Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Supplies, boutique products, gifts, clothes & pet gear online l Doggie Diva.com

or

Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Supplies, boutique products, gifts, clothes & pet gear online at Doggie Diva
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

or maybe even this...

or even this...???

Designer Dog Supplies - Dog Supplies, products, gifts, clothes & pet gear online l Doggie Diva Dog Boutique

But with this, I feel like the word 'boutique' is kind of important and being at the end and beyond 65 words, it might not count and might dilute my keyword relevency/power, right?
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, I know I am crazy but I have one last one...

what about this one???

Designer Dog Supplies l Dog Supplies Products Gifts Clothes Pet Gear Online - Doggie Diva Dog Boutique
    Last edited by rcheltrvel; Mar 9th, 2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wanted to remove the and symbol