Thread: PBNs

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

The backlinks to be of any use have to be seen at least by Google, and you know if they are really hiding them how is Google seeing them???

U can do it by blocking all the bots... except GoogleBot, BingBot and YahhoBot etc. in that way is not available in Majestic or any other tool.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Interesting discussion. I trained with fathom in 2009 at the same time as Pritish. I still have the voice recordings. Not a lot has changed for me. I'm still doing in principle what he taught me. He already had a post penguin plan ready before penguin even come live. I have to say it still works.
  5. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by hunter86
    Interesting discussion. I trained with fathom in 2009 at the same time as Pritish. I still have the voice recordings. Not a lot has changed for me. I'm still doing in principle what he taught me. He already had a post penguin plan ready before penguin even come live. I have to say it still works.
    Yes, it works but makes sure you do it rightly as you trained Fathom (Rod) that is very good as I have also learned much stuff on many occasions by him but don't forget to read his posts where he already mentioned don't do this as their some PBN got hit by Google. Yes that is correct that Google is struggling hard to find these networks but they are still working on this regarding and ethical practice always be your greatest tool for success that gives you exponential growth
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I do wish Fathom was still around to see this thread, I am sure he would have been all over it like a rash. I did have the opportunity to spend an afternoon on the phone with him which typically got a little heated at times Good old Rod. He was a strong character. RIP.

For those who never had the good fortune to debate with Rod, he was the leading expert on PBN's I think its fair to say what he didn't know about this technique was not worth knowing. He though was the first to admit he was taken out several times by Google and had to readjust his process. He did at one time operate what is believed to be one of the largests PBN's google had ever seen. He reported it cost him about a million bucks when it was taken out.

What I am trying to say if one of the worlds leading experts in this field kept getting taken out do you really believe you can trick google with your PBN ? you may get away with it for a while I am sure but I am sure at some point you will be caught and your house will come tumbling down.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : That are exactly my thoughts about this
    • Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Same - we would have seen him in his element in this thread haha.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I remember this and there was more to it then Google just randomly stumbling across it.

I dont advocate pbns at all. Google doesn't even advocate link building.

But when there is a solution to a problem then it's okay in googles eyes. For example the use of a whole site redirect is one solution, if it is a solution to a problem. It definitely gets page rank or juice in and avoids unnatural link patterns. With the redirect at the right landing page, that is then used to create the best backpath has an opportunity to do wonders. Just like PBNS though do something once it's okay twice okay 8 times over you may be in trouble!

Anyone inexperienced and new to seo should not use PBNS as their seo method or even part of it. By all means test and learn but never use such risky methods on clients websites where you are partly responsible for their bread and butter. That at being said there are PBNsand there are PBNs.

I would recommend Just focusing on have the best website, with the best content and always work at being better then your competition providing better solutions then your competition at some point the tables will tip for you. If your not skilled enough to make that work and can't afford to hire someone who can then there is PPC.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo