Thread: PBNs

1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by femdom
    I wasn't doing this much, less than 10 links, that's for sure. But I was planning to do it without being aware this can make a problem. Good timing.
    Recommend starting a new post for this femdom -- you probably want a more focused response for your issue.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Can I post NSFW site (adult) for reviewing? It is a 10 years old site. I was working on content last few months and traffic was growing. Suddenly, it starts going down.

Do so in our New User Q&A section, please: New User SEO Questions and Answers In a new thread.

When you post a link, please leave off the http and www bits. Include that the site is NSFW in the thread title and again in the body of the post, please.

Also in the body of the post describe a little bit of what's going on. History of the site, etc. Any kind of context that would help someone looking at it. And any questions if you have them. Don't write a novel, but just include enough context for someone to go into it with enough background to make meaningful comments.

No guarantees on a response, remember. And being a NSFW site might decrease your chances a little more than usual. I mean that in a friendly way - many of our senior members are busy professionals who charge for their services - doing work for free devalues what they do in some ways. And it's difficult to look at NSFW sites for some folks - or some folks might just not want to because of the NSFW nature. But we do have some very generous people here who may be willing to run some tests or tools and give you some quick tips.

Let's keep this thread on the subject of theory and general practice, as it has been so far. It's been chatty and I like all the devil's advocates that have come out haha. Let's keep it on that topic because it would be a shame if it derailed into a specific site review. I think that would kill any future conversation potential.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  5. Contributing User

Huh, strong community here. Answers are coming all the time. Is Seo Chat available on Tapatalk? I will have to read all this in bed.
    This appears to be a very sensitive subject. I'm personally loving the discussion.
  7. Contributing User

@KnowOneSpecial
    Sure -- one could also set Robots.txt to block everything bar Google.

I'd rather not share details KnowOneSpecial... I 'ave said to much -- please scratch my previous reference from the record your honor ;)
    Last edited by Ejas Nathan; Feb 15th, 2017 at 03:40 PM.
  9. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

This appears to be a very sensitive subject. I'm personally loving the discussion.
    Its not so much a sensitive subject, its that we see so many people burnt by this. There are many supporters of PBN and they have had great gains, however the are some major risks involved and explaining it after the event is never a good idea. People should always go into it with their eyes open.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    • Ejas Nathan agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

since it is an adult site, you may also want ClickyB's advice on it...

but since it is adult, meaning explicit images and grammar, if that is what you mean, then post it via pm to me and I will look at it..
  13. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Those who are advocating PBNs who should closely monitor the sites those are ranking well due to PBNs there must be update will happen very soon you can read more about this Possible Google Algo Tweak for PBN's
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Those who are advocating PBNs who should closely monitor the sites those are ranking well due to PBNs there must be update will happen very soon you can read more about this Possible Google Algo Tweak for PBN's
    I guess the question is... What's the difference between a PBN and a legit site. How would you tell one apart? Seriously though. Say one of use went out, bought an expired/auction domain, had it replicated to its former self using Wayback machine.l, hosted and registered it on a different provider to our target site, used WhoIs protection, and included in link to our target site... Who could tell the difference?

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : not for you just a sharing for all of us
    Last edited by Ejas Nathan; Feb 18th, 2017 at 04:40 AM.
  17. Contributing User

Seems to me there are quite a few Mastermind groups that teach PBN methods. How to host them, how to hide them, and how to link them to protect their identities. If I list and provide proof then, of course, I am jeopardizing those sites. I would suggest you look for some of those groups and make sure they are reputable.
  19. Dinosaur

If you want to see PBN's in action read this post.

How 16 Companies are Dominating the World’s Google Search Results

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : good read
  21. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Chadders after reading this I have discouraged for a movement and stating thinking that we would need to still work on our site we should focus more our audiences that include speed, content, website navigations, call to actions.

I remember when the first-time penguin updated then in my previous company almost 70 members fired out of 100 in the one month.

Finally, i can say we shouldn't put all the eggs in the single basket.

Thank you very for refreshing me.
  23. Contributing User

Originally Posted by RankHaven
    Seems to me there are quite a few Mastermind groups that teach PBN methods. How to host them, how to hide them, and how to link them to protect their identities. If I list and provide proof then, of course, I am jeopardizing those sites. I would suggest you look for some of those groups and make sure they are reputable.
    I don't think there's any question whether this practise exists and is being taught. It's just interesting to get everyone's spin on it.

Personally, I think the use is more widespread than one might think. Although Google has made them harder to implement... They will continue to do so. What I find interesting is my last point: how do they tell a PBN apart from an actual site? I say it's not possible. If you build a PBN that is, for all intents and purposes a website.. Then it'd be tough for Google. Having said that, one can see how Google is using other indicators to catch PBNs out. For example, would a brand new site be linked to by several other powerful sites BEFORE receiving traffic...? Probably not -- this may be a red flag for them (among other triggers).
  25. Contributing User

No doubt there but the only issue for example if it is linked out to 100+ sites, which sites get penalized? This is why if you choose to use PBNs you need not only make them look like real sites but they need to be linking out regularly and not just to your money sites.
  27. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I am going to bet you found them on the internet...
    Matthew Woodward -- teaches tiered link building... he is all over the net...
    BlackHatWorld -- Sells many things, including PBN' links. You really think that Google does not have an account there, I bet they even buy links from providers there so they can then set their bot to find them... (if I worked for Google on the spam team, you can surely bet that is one thing I would do )

The point being if you have a pbn it does no good to just let it sit... and you are going to spend many many hundreds of dollars to buy domains and maintain servers, your other recourse is to buy from PBN's that advertise themselves. If they advertise.. everyone will see them...even Google !
    No doubt there but the only issue for example if it is linked out to 100+ sites, which sites get penalized?
    Do you honestly think that commercial PBN's only link out to less than 100 sites... really?

The sites that get penalized are the PBN's (black listed) and the sites using them... how you may ask.. the sites using pbn's lose any and all link juice from them and the cash spent on them. Also if you get the notice of the Google Spam Team.. watch out ! Very few sites ever fully 100 % recover from a manual action as has been my experience. But maybe I have not worked on enough penalized sites.... I could very well be wrong here... ( I would bet I am not though )

Unless you are into "Churn and Burn" then stay away from them.. I would never recommend to any of my clients using a PBN. Most of my clients are mom and pop businesses and depend on their websites for income, too damn dangerous to risk my reputation and their income to use a PBN.
  29. Dinosaur

The largest I ever saw reportedly cost over $1 million to setup, Guess what it was detected and taken out despite lots of detection prevention methods.
    We all know PBN's can work but they also fail big style, if your going to do it then its your own risk. Just think if it gets taken out whats your plan B as the money site or sites will also be toast.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo