Thread: PBNs

1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

KnowOneSpecial: Totally understand your scepticism and you make a good point. We want to avoid the 'I once caught a fish THIS big statements'. However, I intentionally didn't include a website in my original post and at the risk of being dubbed 'full of poop' will respectfully decline to share KW and the website... as I wouldn't want to draw any undue attention to said site/site owner.

As for hiding links from people while still allowing Google to crawl a site, one solution could be this WP plugin -- i'm sure there are many more alternatives: wordpress.org/plugins/spiderblocker/
  3. Contributing User

femdom: Maybe do some research to be aware of it... it's not the safest technique.. try to avoid this kind of link building. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Ejas Nathan; Feb 15th, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I wasn't doing this much, less than 10 links, that's for sure. But I was planning to do it without being aware this can make a problem. Good timing.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

No what I am saying is ....

Take evey thing into consideration. Google checks the IP of the address. IF a lot of the sites are on a shared hosting plan the sites will share a common IP. A definite indicator of a PBN if all the sites linking to you share the same IP and hosted on the same server... yes even I can get that info with very simple effort, takes me just a few minutes with just a single mouse click.

But why don't you use Google to help you...The last listing in pict below is worth a good read..... "Year after year, Google has destroyed SEO's"
  9. Contributing User

So... what's to stop people opening up different hosting accounts -- for each PBN domain -- and pointing them to a money site...?
  11. Contributing User

By the way... I dont advocate PBNs... i'm just sayin'.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, most of them are on same IP. I won't link anymore, hoping it is not too late. They were never intended to cheat, they should be regular sites with content related to their domain name.OK, I am going to read now. thanks
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Or buying separate IP? Anyway my previous post was for KnowOne Special, but you were faster and posted while I was writing.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ejas that is exactly what they do... Google finds the pbn, shuts it down, then they crank up another one. Hence the term "Churn and Burn"!

Tiered link building works the same way.. you build x tiers of sites, each tier points to the next tier closer to the money site.

The idea is if Google shuts down one of the sites you can cut your losses and remove that site from your link tiers. Each succeeding tier is to act as a buffer to protect the money site from being Google Slapped ! Sometimes it works other times Google seems to have X-ray vision just like Superman, LOL!

That is also why you hear us say....

Using a PBN? Proceed at your own risk !
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If my sites are the real sites with content, links and updates, is that considered like a PBN? I mean , they are there for years, 5,6,7 or so.
  21. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I went and dug up some old Fathom threads where he was talking about his PBNs:

Co-Citation / Co-Occurence (This one is especially interesting and in-depth.)
    Guest blog posting. - in this thread, he references a Google Groups thread about one of his networks being discovered. That link is dead but I found it again: https://productforums.google.com/for...rs/ijWv16kKCjY
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Ejas Nathan
    As for hiding links from people while still allowing Google to crawl a site, one solution could be this WP plugin -- i'm sure there are many more alternatives: wordpress.org/plugins/spiderblocker/
    Just to answer your question.. if you block the googlebot from crawling your site, how will you rank your content, but I agree that will keep google from seeing the links as well as the rest of the site..

The link to be of value has to be seen and crawled by Google... how else will Google give weight to it...

I can simply hide links from humans with this >>>> css >> style=display:none; but Google will still see it.. my backlink checking software will still see it....

Hmmm
    why don't you send me a pm with site and keywords.... then I will test it and see ..... I will not post said site nor keywords..
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Huh, strong community here. Answers are coming all the time. Is Seo Chat available on Tapatalk? I will have to read all this in bed.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

LOL... no its just a good thread. Plus I have an in office day....
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can I post NSFW site (adult) for reviewing? It is a 10 years old site. I was working on content last few months and traffic was growing. Suddenly, it starts going down.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo