Thread: PBNs

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes PBN is still effective for site to rank in Google. There are two kind of PBN , one is free and other you have to purchase domain and hosting for PBN. You can try both.
  3. Contributing User

I'm guessing you're referring to expired and auction domains. I'm familiar - many thanks Anika4545 ��
  5. Contributing User

I think PBN maintaining has to be perfectly executed for it to work. Mostly because you have to do it without raising any flags. Once Google sniffs you out, there is no formal trail, you're essentially guilty without a chance to prove yourself innocent.

If you remember the "double rainbow all the way" song, I had a colleague selling "double rainbow" merch and he used PBNs to rank and he actually sold a decent amount of product, by the time he got caught, the fad had died and run its course. Personally, this is the only circumstance in which I would consider using PBNs.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

PBN's are like toting around a 100 year old box of sweating dynamite. It's going to explode, you can be sure of that, but where do you want to be when it does.

PBN's create a link trail. Penguin is a link sniffing bloodhound. Its sole purpose is to find links and sniff them for bs and manipulation. If it does, since it is a program, boom badabing, there goes your PBN and its effectiveness.

Anyone using PBN's to rank a client business site is in for a world of hurt. When a PBN goes live, the first few dozens of clients get the full benefit. When that PBN gets enough clients, then the back link trail becomes readily noticeable. Then Google spots it, and poof!! Gone in an instant. That is why PBN's work well for churn and burn sites. These are generally affiliate sites selling affiliate products. They go up... stay a while then poof, gone, they get another site name, find another PBN and churn it till it burns. You can do this selling products from clickbank or commission junction and other portals. But how many real brick and mortar clients can afford this. None if you ask me!

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  9. Contributing User

Great input guys. I gonna play devils advocate... So... I know a guy who ranks for a VERY high competition SEO keyword in an exceptionally large city. Funny thing is... When you check his site's links in a backlink checker, you get nothing! Yes - he hides his links... His PBN links. He's been number 1 for two-plus years, even got deindexed recently and won his appeal!
  11. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Nathan waits for sometimes you will not find anywhere for sure.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ejas Nathan
    I gonna play devils advocate... So... I know a guy who ranks for a VERY high competition SEO keyword in an exceptionally large city. Funny thing is... When you check his site's links in a backlink checker, you get nothing! Yes - he hides his links...
    Ok.. let me play the devil as well...

Where is your proof of such behavior ???? You see we can make statements and sound really good.. but now you see why we post links to sites to validate our opinions and beliefs and statements...

The backlinks to be of any use have to be seen at least by Google, and you know if they are really hiding them how is Google seeing them???

We are now playing Texas Holdem' I just went all in... are you staying or folding ??

Provide the following please
    Website name please !
    High Competition keyword please !

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is PBN ? Serious question.
  17. No Profile Picture

PBN === Private Blog Network, its a catch phrase like TOS

Against Googles TOS

Considered Black Hat !

Not really a good idea.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hold on, hold on...what means private? For example,I am having over 40 wordpress sites. Same niche, and micro niche. Is that wrong?
  21. No Profile Picture

I can see a lot of potential for going wrong here...

tiered link building.. black hat
    link wheeling black hat
    etc, etc, etc.

There are so many ways to go wrong here... but this question is the important one.

Are you using the sites to manipulate their rankings on Google by linking them to each other ? Yes, or No.... that is the question!

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have a main site and 40 small sites (mostly not updated and neglected). All smaller sites were linked from the main site (regularly in the sidebar). And that was until last year when someone told me that is not good. So I've removed them. Nothing happened, traffic remained the same. Sometimes, (which mean less than 6 times until now) I link with some keyword. That's all. Never had a plan to manipulate or I didn't do it deliberately.
  25. No Profile Picture

Sorry femdom but I can't but help laughing...

Not at you, but at your mistake...

You see Google will not ask you what your intentions were when you did it, but they will punish your site regardless of intent if they find you did something wrong.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse for not following the law. It is your responsibility to know Google's TOS. They make it freely available to us all. They go to great lengths to make sure we can find it.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All of my sites are getting google traffic for years. Not much,but they are small anyway. So what you are saying is that I can't link my main site from my other small sites?
  29. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Ignorance I am afraid is no defence especially when dealing with a computer program / system. Google is on the look out for patterns, some are simple and a blind man on a galloping horse would spot a PBN a mile away, others are more tricky but google have invested a lot of resource in tracking these down.Its really difficult to argue intent as there is no one at google you can just call and have a conversation with should you be taken out.

If its your own site your risking this is not a major issue, I do however have an issue with people offering this service to gullible clients, time and time again I hear of some SEO company achieve great results and only when pressed do you find they are operating a PBN. Sooner or later they get taken out along with the clients.

If you want to do it on your own site, go ahead, you may be lucky and get great results and see your site shoot up the rankings, (PBN's tend to do this) but just remember the risk. If / once your PBN is detected and your money site is taken out completely what will you do ? you will need a plan B.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo