Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Part time home business - need some SERIOUS organic SEO help.

I'm trying to target people IN the U.S., who are looking for a Process Server IN Denver.

Analytics says that I have only 20 organic visitors in the last 30 days.
    https://denverprocessservers.net/

I'm good at what I do, but am a novice with SEO.

What Google is telling me, about how to improve my organic SEO is confusing,
    and often robotic ( even when I call them for support, because they barely speak English ),
    and not relevant to my actual business and clients.

Could you folks please help and point me to effective improvements?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Melissa2008B; Jan 20th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'd target Denver and not the US.

Comments on this post

• Alex Gracias agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

In addition to Test-ok's advice .....

See the green arrow ...
    Please is a begging word, get rid of it. Sounds like you are desperate. Turns people off. You need a page dedicated for fees & terms

See the red arrow ...
    You need a contact page fully functional so folks can fill out a form and request that info if you don't want it posted on the site. Also cuts down on any spam you may attract. Personally I never post email address on the site for a person, maybe for a department or support An example would be info@denverprocessservers.net.

See the black arrow....
    That really needs a dedicated page as well. It doesn't belong on your homepage at all.

See that brown arrow...
    That is just a turn off and tells me you are not qualified to operate as a PI. Get rid of it. What do you thing all your visitors are thinking ????

Your whole homepage is just one big turn off. I would almost bet you have an extremely high bounce rate.

Overall the site in my opinion needs a face lift. Your primary navigation is buried almost at the bottom of the page. This is bad for a few reasons, suffice to say your primary navigation needs to be at the top of the site.

If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  7. Contributing User

"I'd target Denver and not the US."

We actually get work sent to us, from all over the U.S., to be served in Denver.
  9. Contributing User

KnowOne; Thanks for these suggestions. I'll implement some of them tomorrow ( it's late - gotta get to bed ). I actually just separated the fees page and unlinked it, because for our business, we want people calling or emailing, and interacting, instead of just price shopping. ( see that article, which also explains that. ) What's the blue arrow? I put that line because sometimes people email when it's urgent, instead of calling, and then we find out a few hours later, that they found someone else because it was urgent, when if they'd called, we could have gotten the job. I put the phone icon, because most people use mobile phones now, and it makes it easier to call on that device.

Will see about moving the linked menus to the top. As far as a contact page, that doesn't work, for the same reasons just described. Clients tend to want someone NOW. If they call and we don't answer, they call someone else and are gone. If it's NOT urgent, they can email and I always answer that day. Yes, will change that email address, to remove the name, thanks! Will remove the brown arrowed line. Also thanks!

But I'm not certain how many of these suggestions will actually increase that 20 organic visits in 30 days.
  11. SEO Since 97

The suggestions will help convert what views you get, I noticed them as well, along with the zip code group, a page missing in the main menu. If you target Denver other places that need a server in Denver should also find you.
    I'd also suggest to have your content answer questions rather than you asking them.
  13. Contributing User

Let me preface this, by pointing out what must be a common problem with Google. THEIR idea of what a "quality page" is,
    is different than mine, because I know my business better than anyone. So the goal is to improve my organic and my PPC
    quality scores, if possible, while still making my pages what my clients need - otherwise I'll just get page views and clicks,
    but no business - bad for me and Google, because if I go out of business, they won't get income either. So please understand
    that I appreciate your advice here, too, but need to weigh everything about what I know about my business, which I've been
    doing since 2006. And being I need organic, but still use PPC, if I improve the quality of my page, and PPC quality score,
    I and Google both win, which is ideal.

Another point is that I know my work, and have a long term tech background as a former electronics R&D technician, and I
    used to do very simple web pages for this business years ago, when I first started out, but have to struggle my way through
    the VERY robust and sophisticated responsive site designer that I'm using now. I paid one of the designers on the software
    site, a modest amount, to get it started for me, but have been struggling to maintain it since, because the software is meant
    for experienced designers.

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    The suggestions will help convert what views you get, I noticed them as well, along with the zip code group, a page missing in the main menu.
    Is the zip code group ok, or remove it? I explained the payment page disconnect and hopefully it won't hurt my quality scores
    and organic, but we find that we can convert FAR more clients to actually booking work with us, if we get those who would
    normally just be price shoppers, to either email or call us. Then we can explain everything to them in detail, and they usually book
    work instead of strictly price shopping.

If you target Denver other places that need a server in Denver should also find you.
    To make sure we're talking about the same thing, do you mean in Google Ads? Because the way I target the
    PPC is to set it to cover the whole U.S., but people who are searching for what I do in the Denver area.

But if you meant on my website, I'm not certain what we're talking about, because that is aimed at telling people
    that we cover the Denver area.

Again, the disconnect between what Google thinks is high quality, and what my business needs to tell potential clients.

Oh! Something else I forgot to mention: The main page used to have a HUGE amount of explanatory text - NOT to
    tweak Google keywords ( I was warned about that years ago ), but to tell potential clients all kinds of things.
    But at the suggestion of someone in the web design forums for the software I use ( where they were making SOME
    suggestions that I couldn't use, for the same reason that they don't know my business and I do. ), I removed all that,
    about a week ago and re-indexed it with a new sitemap.xml a few days ago. So I'm not sure if Google has caught up
    with those changes yet.

Then I'm also not sure if this government shutdown has the federal courts closed too, which could be negatively impacting
    us here. And the holidays caused us a slowdown, starting around mid-December, but that's an annual thing anyway.

I'd also suggest to have your content answer questions rather than you asking them.
    Thanks! :-)
    Last edited by Melissa2008B; Jan 21st, 2019 at 12:43 PM.
  15. Contributing User

Ok, how do these look now?: https://denverprocessservers.net/

I'm not quite sure about putting the Menu table nearer to the top - if it will look crummy. Like I said, I'm pretty basic with the designer software, so I'd have to move the menu table and that blank space to the right of it, up in between the photo and the existing top text now. Would it look good or detract?

( I took that photo by the way. The eagle was public domain. :-) )
  17. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

IMO, it looks dated, especially the Facebook/Twitter graphic. I would put your menu on the top. I had to really look to find it. If I were a prospective client, I may have just left. You might look into using WordPress if your not a web designer. Plenty of free themes out there , or a small fee.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : I totally agree
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  19. Contributing User

When you say "on the top", do you mean ABOVE the photo?

Does the relative position of the menu help with organic SEO and Google Ads page quality?
    I'm primarily interested in those.
  21. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yes, above the image.
  23. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Get rid of the word please. Please is not a Call-To-Action ! You removed the 1st instance but not the 2nd.

Originally Posted by Milissa2008B
    I'm not quite sure about putting the Menu table nearer to the top - if it will look crummy.
    Now so you will understand something about links.....

Links that appear near or at the top of your page carry more impact than links in the middle of the page or the footer. You are only hurting your site by doing that with the menu !

Here are you top competitors for "denver process servers" that appear after the "Map Pak". Notice they all have the primary navigation menu at the top of the page.

I'm pretty basic with the designer software, so I'd have to move the menu table and that blank space to the right of it, up in between the photo and the existing top text now. Would it look good or detract?
    Learn WordPress. Now all WP templates are "Responsive". Easy platform to learn. BTW html tables for layout is very archaic, and WP handles menus nicely. Wordpress also has a very small learning curve to use the software. Oh and the picture looks good btw.

Let me preface this, by pointing out what must be a common problem with Google. THEIR idea of what a "quality page" is,
    is different than mine, because I know my business better than anyone
    I agree with you that what you and Google consider quality pages and content differ. Take no offense, but your problems are self created. Yes that's right you created them. You have actually blocked Google from your site basically. Your https solution is flawed. There are many problems with your site.

Now to address your PPC. As Test-ok suggested you should target the metro area around you and not the whole of the USA. Now let me also point out something about PPC. If you Ad Quality Score is below a "7" you are paying to much for ad's and will have reduced visibility. A QS of "7" is the bare minimum for a page and even that needs to be improved. An "8" or "9" is what you should be striving for. Also understand that what you pay for clicks will depend on the quality of the landing page the ad targets. This will result in less cost for clicks and get you better placement on ads. I am sure you want to save as much as possible on PPC and earn a profit, right? Well your current pages show a tremendous need to be improved upon. Currently your pages are not top quality.but very amateurish. Your site is not well structured, sorry I mean no offense.

You really need to hire this out to someone that knows what they are doing. ( Click that Red Link in Test-ok's post, you will find some SEO Pro's there)

I am sure you're good at what you do and know your business well. You however are not so well versed with SEO and Digital Marketing. You want to improve your site's performance and increase your business then you should listen to the advice given here.

Comments on this post

• Melissa2008B agrees : THANK YOU!
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jan 21st, 2019 at 04:48 PM.
  25. Contributing User

"You have actually blocked Google from your site basically. Your https solution is flawed. There are many problems with your site."

Ouch. No one does links to their company Facebook page anymore? I thought that links helped SEO. And it was Google that told me that they preferred HTTPS secured sites, so I had my ISP put that in for me.
    Last edited by Melissa2008B; Jan 21st, 2019 at 06:41 PM.
  27. Contributing User

KnowOneSpecial, thanks for your post above. ( I cant get the Reply With Quotes to work now. )

I now SEE that I need this done by someone who knows how to do the whole design AND SEO AND digital marketing thing RIGHT. The problem is that BECAUSE this got messed up, we've had over a year of slow business, and weren't aware of WHY, so it's a Catch 22 where we don't have thousands to pay someone, because I did it myself, because we didn't have thousands to pay someone... ( and YES, I did it and own up to it, even though it was because we didn't have the big bucks to hire someone else, like those competitors did. )

All I need now is someone who can maintain what I'm trying to do, in a business sense, and get it redone in WP, so I can jump in and learn how to maintain it, while still having the digital marketing and SEO absolutely correct and working for us.

I looked at that list of people and it's huge, so I don't know who's best or where to start. Do any of you do this kind of rework, where you could help me affordably?
  29. SEO Since 97

Most any of them on page one can, it's going to depend on how busy they are and your budget.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo