Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Also, you can follow the most senior members posts form members lists http://forums.seochat.com/memberlist.php
    Ummmm .. I would say no to this under the subtitle 'Too much information'

Senior members here often discuss quite complex aspects of SEO which I would think would add too much noise to someone who is learning the basics.

Yes, one of the biggest mistakes new users of this form make is to take the advice of someone who has no reputation and is just trying to get their link count up so, yes, check if a comment is coming from a senior member. But following every comment they post is probably overkill?

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : And perhaps that's why were on page 7.
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

You are correct but I can still I suggest OP, should follow http://forums.seochat.com/author/chedders and http://forums.seochat.com/author/knowonespecial posts as most of the time these two posters more involved with new bee
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Speaking of Wordpress, for the last two weeks I've been volunteering with learning how to set up a Wordpress dot com blog for a pro-liberty author who's trying to use it to eventually help fund an organization. I finally got it working decently yesterday and she's been posting blog posts already. It looks pretty nice, and she's planning on upgrading from the free site, as soon as she can get some decent following going. I'm wondering if maybe she might get better SEO if she upgrades sooner, though.
  7. Just a Photographer

It looks pretty nice, and she's planning on upgrading from the free site, as soon as she can get some decent following going.
    WordPress is free. If you are paying for WordPress, you are doing something wrong.
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  9. Contributing User

Depends on the features, Mike: https://wordpress.com/pricing/
  11. Just a Photographer

Originally Posted by Melissa2008B
    Depends on the features, Mike: https://wordpress.com/pricing/
    No, you need the self-hosting: https://wordpress.org/
  13. Contributing User

Those fees are at wordpress.org
  15. Just a Photographer

Originally Posted by Melissa2008B
    Those fees are at wordpress.org
    I don't understand. You have a domain. Download WordPress from the link I posted above. Five minutes and you're up and running. No fees. Free. Free. Free.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Melissa2008B I sent you a pm.
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  18. Contributing User

I can't even edit my post above. The pricing I posted was at wordpress.com. This isn't for my own small business domain, it's a learning thing that I volunteered to do for someone else, to help start a blog for their project and book. I only mentioned it here, because of the suggestions I'd previously received here, saying that I should move my own small business domain to wordpress. But this one I've been learning on, is for someone else and their project.

But I seem to recall also being told here, that I could do my own small business site on either wordpress.com or wordpress.org. The .org would be hosted with my ISP and the .com would be hosted by them. Either way, I'd have to transfer my domain to one of them.

But this blog work I volunteered for, has been an interesting ( and frustrating ) jump into it, to get my toes wet. It would be a bit different, trying to love my small business site there, though, as it's not in blog format like the one I'm working on.
  19. Just a Photographer

Ah, I see.

Either way, I'd have to transfer my domain to one of them.
    No transfer is necessary. You're just not using what ever software you are currently to create your website and use WordPress.
  20. Contributing User

SEO Master.jpg

Don has been helping me pro bono and I'm amazed at his wealth of knowledge. I've come to think of him as a kung fu master of SEO. :-) Thanks Don!
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo