1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Melissa2008B
    Hi guys. Business has been worrisome slow and I still don't have the money for a redesign, so I did the best I could, to improve the current site. Need to improve the SEO for it, thought, so we can get more business and do a redesign.

Might you offer any suggestions for that, on the current site at https://denverprocessservers.net/ ?

Thanks!
    Honestly, I wouldn't waste any more time or money on that site, it looks like a lost cause.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site speed is good. (https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/)
    content is not enough so need more valuable content. user stays on the page for longer time and goes to another page.
    title should be more attractive with key focus on your business.
    we've optimized a site that rank well for many keywords<snip>
    Thank you
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 16th, 2019 at 08:07 AM.
  5. Contributing User

Ivan, I just had some help from someone in a forum. Take a look now - it's MUCH better.

I still want to get it into a better looking template format, though.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

I have deleted the original post because I accidentally tested the wrong url.

I looked at denverprocessserver.com instead of denverprocesservers.net. So you are one step ahead of the dot com site.

I apologize for the error.

All in all your site is in better shape.

Fix the canonical issue with your home page, just put a canonical on index.html

Fix the duplicate meta descriptions.

Again sorry for the mistake....
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 17th, 2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  9. Contributing User

That's ok on the deletion. Oh well...

I've never known what a canonical is, but just looked it up. Not sure where to put it, or how to implement it. But Google gives better SEO if you have it? ( don't think I have any duplicate sites, though I have been using my domain/test for testing stuff at times. )

Will look into the duplicate metas. Wasn't aware of that. I just uploaded a slightly improved version from my helpful friend, at denverprocessservers.net/ now.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Feb 19th, 2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Links
  11. Contributing User

Oh, I forgot to ask this: On subsequent pages linked from the home page, is it better or worse for SEO, to have titles like:

Denver Process Servers LLC
    Services We Offer

Or should I just title them, for example: Services We Offer, without the company name?

Which way improves, or doesn't detract from SEO?
  13. No Profile Picture

That title would be good for a "service page" listing all your services, but not good for a single service page. Each of your services should have it's own page. This way you can rank each page for its' service speciality.

This would be ok for a services page.

Services We Offer | Denver Process Servers LLC

So off the wall suggestions, just to show you what I mean....

Skip Trace | Denver Process Servers LLC
    Background Checks | Denver Process Servers LLC

Put your service in front of your brand. I suggest this because you really aren't going to become a household name in this business, maybe in Denver Colorado, but not across the whole of the USA. So put your keyword / phrase first.
  15. No Profile Picture

The canonical url goes in the <head> section of your web page. In your particular case it will look like look like the example below ...

Understand that https://denverprocessservers.net and https://denverprocesservers.net/index.html are the exact same page. So on your index.html page you include the canonical url as depicted below.

<head>
    <link rel="canonical" href=https://denverprocessservers.net"/>
    </head>
  17. Contributing User

Thanks for explaining canonical. I'm doing that now.

I'm just a part time home business, and no way can I make a page for each service offered. Besides, clients would think it was idiotic. Trust my experience on this one.

So basically, I should do each page, for example: Services We Offer | Denver Process Servers LLC
    Home | Denver Process Servers LLC , Coverage Area | Denver Process Servers LLC , etc...
  19. Contributing User

Ok, I just took care of the canonical, and THINK I changed the page titles the way you were suggesting. Please look and correct me if I'm wrong. They don't look as spiffy on my mobile now, but if it helps SEO...
  21. No Profile Picture

You have a typo error in your canonical, look closely at the image below. See the %22 in the canonical. That represents a double quote >>>> " <<<<<<
    The error is in what I typed and you just copied and pasted it ...

This is the corrected canonical, I added the missing double quote.

<link rel="canonical" href="https://denverprocessservers.net"/>

23. Contributing User

Well I don't know what I'm doing. LOL Thanks. Think I got it now...
  25. Contributing User

Not sure what else I might do, to raise the organic results higher.

DO any of you know what to do about Google's new policy about a year ago, that they would only list "brick & mortar" businesses in that local map listing near the top, with the starred reviews? Because we're a home based business, we have a listing at a mailbox store, and they suddenly started asking for us to show them "signage" on the outside of the office, to prove we were a brick and mortar operation. But the fact is, that in this business, all of our work comes to us via email - EVEN with the bigger companies that do have brick & mortar offices. They have those offices because they operate teams of servers out of them - not because clients will be dropping in to bring them work. So Google doesn't know our business and depends on algorithms that favor big companies over small ones, because of this sudden policy distinction they made. But their policy said something to the effect that, as long as you provide service to your "customers" ( we have clients ) during business hours, they would list us. We do that, by phone and email, but they wouldn't relent, and when we were even able to reach them about this, we'd get people in India or Philippines, who barely spoke English, and would just recite policy to us, and not help us get this fixed. That really hurt our business.
  27. Contributing User

Looking at peakprocessservers.com they have the home page title as Peak Process Servers | Denver Process Servers and that doesn't appear to be hurting them. Then they reverse it for linked pages, i.e. Who We Are | Peak Process servers

The kind of thing worth doing for SEO?
    Last edited by Test-ok; Feb 19th, 2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Links
  29. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Please stop posting links, it makes others think they can as well. Don't use http\\www part when posting.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo