1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I implemented some of the above, but am clueless about so much more of it. But hoping that what I just did, at least helps a LITTLE. I'm not figuring out why I have space on the right side, after moving the menus to the top. Paraphrasing doc McCoy; I'm a Process Server, not a web designer, digital marketing or SEO expert.

By the way, is there a good way to print out KnowOneSpecial's post #12? I'd like to consider it more, when seeing what I can do, and maybe finding someone. Actually I'd like to print out several. The post about me blocking out the search engine is among the MOST disturbing, and I cant for the life of me grasp why, without elaboration.
  3. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi Melissa,

I know you are very busy in your works but I will still suggest some links that will give an idea of how it works even you hire an expert for your requirement

Finally, I must say stay here for some time I hope your most of the queries would be solved

Comments on this post

• Melissa2008B agrees : Thank you!
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Jan 23rd, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. Contributing User

Thank you Prof.stan, and I will, but I botched the site up even more, trying to fix it yesterday, and need to get it into WP as soon as possible now. That's first priority.
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Getting into WP and have it optimized properly will fix most all your problems, marketing is the process of getting users to bite when they come.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : Well said
    • Melissa2008B agrees
    • Prof.stan agrees : everything need be followed after this
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jan 22nd, 2019 at 05:04 PM.
  9. Contributing User

I botched things up so badly yesterday, trying to implement the SEO suggestions here, that it was terrible looking. So today, I did a bunch of work with Responsive Site Designer 1.5 ( Which is what it was designed in, and I've been using. ) - JUST to gain some semblance of decent appearance again. ( It was horrid last night! ) I was fairly clueless with using the software, but had to experiment, and learned quite a bit today. I still would like to look into getting it into WP, but that's more of a future goal, and this was an urgent issue today - JUST so we didn't lose clients who saw how it looked last night, and tossed their lunch. So kindly take a look and let me know if I've seriously improved it, according to suggestions here. I THINK I have, although I may have missed implementing some of them, which could still be implemented into this old design.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I am going to provide you some advice...

Every page of a website has a purpose and a job to do. Just like the staff of a company, each employee has a job to do. Your home page is not the place for your payment form.

The home page is your one chance to lock a prospective client. Put your payment form on your "Payment Page" not your home page.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : Ya beat me to the punch
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  13. SEO Since 97

I'm sorry but no, first thing I see is your hand out for payment, first you must intice the user then answer any questions they have then show what it's going to cost and then a way to pay for it. Personally I think your wasting your time with
    this site trying to update it with the current software.
  15. Contributing User

Thanks guys. Well Test-ok, I have to have something up until I can get it redesigned in WP, so it's not a waste of time. I moved to a separate payment page this evening - per your suggestions. Thanks!

How's it look now?

If I can make this one decent and get some business increased, then I'll be able to afford a redesign.
  17. SEO Since 97

I'm going to be blunt and honest, it sucks. You design is bad, not captive to an end
    user. If your able to make the site shine in the website software you currently have, why change?
    IMHO you need your content rewritten along with a good site structure, hence WP which also allows endless plug-ins that are available. That's what I meant by wasting your time. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jan 23rd, 2019 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
  19. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Don't play with the existing site if you are feeding your baby from here. Invest some amount in website redesigning WP designer is not costly I think your site would be between 5 to 10 pages, so for that, you will have to expend not more 300$-400$ and I think you can manage it. Concurrently you can learn WP, in future, you can add and manage as per your further requirement ...

I am not promoting anyone but PM knowonespecial quite possible he can work for you or suggest someone else....
  21. Contributing User

Guys, I said above that I'm planning on doing that, but had to have SOMETHING up and running, that won't drive people away when they see it. I think this will do, so now I can get a little more business, and afford that redesign. That was the goal with these tweaks - JUST to get the car out of the ditch and running decently, so I can earn enough money to get the better car. I KNOW I'm not a designer and don't even know what sells best, and I DO want to do all that - just gotta get there.
  23. No Profile Picture

I’ve read all the responses and nobody has stated that you add more content so my advice would be to add it and see.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial : Content is not the major problem with this site.
  25. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by newstyleseo
    Iíve read all the responses and nobody has stated that you add more content so my advice would be to add it and see
    If you had bothered to analyize the site.... not just read all the responses.....

robots.txt is incorrect

structure of urls is badly laid out

site is addressable by www and non-www

etc. etc.

There are many more problems with this site. Content is part of it, but it is not the cure for this site. You can add all the content you like but until you fix the the technical, this site will not rank. Also if you had used the wayback machine you would have seen the site had way more content in the past.

Seems you have some learning to do. Stick around there are a lot of experts here you can learn from if you have an open mind and read all the stickies.

Start with this thread >> "Gread Threads Thread".

edited to add...

The OP may have even resolved some of these issues. I haven't looked at the site again.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Jan 26th, 2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
  27. Contributing User

I cant even get the Reply With Quote to work on this site, so...

"If you had bother to analyize the site.... not just read all the responses.....

robots.txt is incorrect"

I removed it completely, a few days ago. I looked it up and it said that many robots just ignore it anyway.

"structure of urls is badly laid out"

How so?

"site is addressable by www and non-www"

Why does that matter and how can I fix it?

One big problem I'm having now, is trying to at least get it up and running, so I don't lose income and can AFFORD to pay for a new design. We've had over a year of slow business - apparently because of site problems, and I didn't know it.

I'm using Responsive Site Designer ( RSD ) 1.5 here, since getting the responsive site started by a guy, a few years ago. It WAS helping business back then, but now I've found out that Google is blocking it on mobile devices, because it's not working responsively on them, and I don't even know how to fix that, in RSD. I've been messing with it all week, and not getting enough of my work done. But I HAVE to get this old site, at LEAST functional and helping bring income, or we're on the edge here.

You can see the latest at https://denverprocessservers.net/
  29. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

"site is addressable by www and non-www"

Why does that matter and how can I fix it?
    As it is, you have two separate sites. Not good for SEO. You need to redirect one to the other. Just Google "redirect www to non-www" or "redirect non-www to www".
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo