Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It is a level playing field - just a different playing field.

NewDehliSEO has it spot on - SEO costs, PPC costs - it is about deciding which is the best route for the client.

We manage a number of clients whose main focus is PPC and it provides a better ROI than SEO ever would. Generally speaking they are ecommerce and their Organic CTR has declined over the years as Adwords, Maps, Google Shopping, YouTube (etc) insertions in the SERPs have become more aggressive.

But instead of getting them to spend more on SEO we have scaled back this side and re-orientated their budgets to PPC.In almost all cases their ROI has remained constant or improved.

But PPC often carries two big barriers to entry:
    1. You have to understand the data in order to make it work which means statistical knowledge in all sorts of fun things like degrees of error, confidence, population sizes, etc ... which often pushes people to retreat to their SEO safety zones because that is what they understand
    2. Sometimes an upfront investment is needed in order to generate the data needed to create profitable PPC campaigns - just as SEO requires spend that may only yield results several months down the line ... but SEO thinkers don't see it this way.

IMO the web has now evolved to a point where it has just as many barriers to entry as other marketing channels but as with everything ... there are always niches available to those who spot them!

Comments on this post

• bryanbloom agrees : Perfect!
    • NewDelhiSEO agrees : yeah, thats it.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Doodled, thanks for an excellent response. It is a great question that was posed and like in most cases, it is about proportion and changing with the times. This is not the yellow pages vs. the new internet. This is about SEO and PPC both changing and this actually leads to more opportunity for us, just different, and you have to be smart AND put in the effort.

This is what makes all of this fun and exciting and gives us opportunity, otherwise our clients would just do this on their own. Thanks for a great response. I would give you rep power but I have none at this point cause I am new, so I feel like a schmo. LOL

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees
    • Doodled agrees : You schmo you! Unforgivable ;)
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I do not think so because no longer everybody can put money into advertisements at startup of new business or may additionally if employer or enterprise in a loss than how they could run any campaign so paid commercials do not take the SEO enterprise.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: