Thread: Page Speed

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Page Speed

Ok, I have been involved in a few threads here about page speed and my comments about it not being a significant factor haven't been so well received

But here are some comments from Mueller about it. He states that Time to First Byte is in no way used in the ranking algo.

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...yte-24847.html
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Totally agree with you about page speed not being a significant factor for your site in the SERPs. Anyone is able to go out and randomly Google 10 keywords and then compaire the page speed for each of the top 10 results to each other and in my experience, they would have a pretty wide range of responce times.
  5. Professional SEO

I tested a site with a Google Page Speed of 35, improved it into the 70s with no change in ranking.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    I tested a site with a Google Page Speed of 35, improved it into the 70s with no change in ranking.
    So should i consider that pagespeed is not a major contributing factor or what!?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you care about your visitors, you would do everything to speed up the loading.
  11. No Profile Picture

- Pagespeed is major contributing factor for SEO Onpage Technique. then only google scrolling the keywords very effective manners

<snip> <snip> <snip>

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial : You're wrong
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Dec 1st, 2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Self Promotion and Warned
  13. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I love how passionately people feel about this minor ranking element. I don't know if it's a ranking signal or not, the fact is that people start leaving in as little as 3 seconds if the web page doesn't load. What difference does it make? Fix your dang website

Comments on this post

• Hikin Mike agrees : Yep. I leave if it takes to long to load.
  15. Digital Marketing

Ok, I have been involved in a few threads here about page speed and my comments about it not being a significant factor haven't been so well received

But here are some comments from Mueller about it. He states that Time to First Byte is in no way used in the ranking algo.

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-...yte-24847.html
    He said they don't use TTFB, didn't say anything about load time of the page
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Page speed really don't effect the Seo but in long run we can see that if the page is taking too much time to load then the visitors will start leaving the website. Ideal time for loading is considered to be between 2-3 seconds. Try to improve load time of the desired website.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Page speed would impact your website ranking. It actually refers to the time a visitor has to wait until your page is completely loaded. On average, a page load for e-commerce website takes 7 seconds meanwhile the ideal load time is around 3 seconds or less.
  21. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by sirishasiri
    Page speed would impact your website ranking. It actually refers to the time a visitor has to wait until your page is completely loaded. On average, a page load for e-commerce website takes 7 seconds meanwhile the ideal load time is around 3 seconds or less.
    Can you post some evidence for this claim?
  23. Digital Marketing

Google says page speed is a ranking factor but they lie a lot, who knows if it is or not.
  25. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Google says page speed is a ranking factor but they lie a lot, who knows if it is or not.
    Ok KP, that is a seven year old post, lol. But I highly respect your opinion and will concede that we may not be able to know for sure. I have just yet to see any difference in ranking when speeding up slow sites.
  27. Digital Marketing

Ok KP, that is a seven year old post, lol. But I highly respect your opinion and will concede that we may not be able to know for sure. I have just yet to see any difference in ranking when speeding up slow sites.
    Ditto on the opinion respect. I am not giving an opinion on it because I don't know, just enjoying the debate. With that said do you think Google had speed in their algorithm previously but decided to take it out?
  29. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    With that said do you think Google had speed in their algorithm previously but decided to take it out?
    KP, from what I vaguely remember, Google actually said it would eventually impact Search Rankings. I even told my clients it was going to be a factor. But after speeeeeding up 6 - 8 sites and seeing no change in Serps, I personally decided it wasn't being used.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: