Thread: Organic vs paid

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Organic vs paid

So i was just watching the latest whiteboard friday on moz, and rand said that in the whole of google organic lisitngs get aroung 50% of all clicks, whereas the ads get between 2% and 3% of clicks. Is that actually true? Or did I just hear him wrong? I thought the ads would get a lot more clicks than that.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by PInder325
    So i was just watching the latest whiteboard friday on moz, and rand said that in the whole of google organic lisitngs get aroung 50% of all clicks, whereas the ads get between 2% and 3% of clicks. Is that actually true? Or did I just hear him wrong? I thought the ads would get a lot more clicks than that.
    He explains it clearly in the article:

Across the board, what we've seen is that paid searches on average, in all of Google, gets between 2% and 3% of all clicks, of all searches result in a paid click. Organic, it's something between about 47% and 57% of all searches result in an organic click. But remember there are many searches where there are no paid clicks, and there are many searches where paid gets a ton of traffic.
    It's completely dependent on the search term.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think it depends on many factors, including country and language of the user, the search term and so much more... but from my own experience, Google Adwords can attract a lot of clicks if your write a good ad text. Try to point out your important features, your added value and a hot offer. I'm sure it will get you great results.

But on average, I guess what he says is to the point.
  7. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Yes, as they explain, the numbers are misleading. As for most of my clients, PPC gets the majority of the clicks.
  9. No Profile Picture

You just can't get correct advise until you have experienced own scenario. Say for example, the choice of keywords and the sort of campaign you choose, its effectiveness etc are some important factors which determine the success of Paid campaigns while organic listings are long term stable ones so you can naturally expect them to drive more clicks and this too depends on their position in SERPs right!

Comments on this post

• evejones agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

One cannot rely on percentage. PPC gets most clicks according to me as it is visible above organic results in SERPs