1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Optimizing Odd Web Site Pages like Terms of Use, Site Maps, &Accessibility Statements

How do you recommend optimizing pages that aren't of primary of importance on a website, such as the Terms of Use page, Accessibility Statement page, and Site Map. Should page titles and meta tag descriptions from the homepage simply be used? Or should these pages have their own unique page titles and metatag info?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

People have differing opinions on this, but I don't think they are really that important. It's not like you are going to get conversions form an amazing about page. But I do I like to use them as an opportunity for branding and brand awareness. These are pages where I am sure to use the company name so if you do get some traction going and some interest in your brand those pages will often come up. Thus I basically use the company name, possibly a keyword, phrase, or category relating and then the page info such as about us, terms of service to the company in the title element.

So a company like Thingamajigs, Inc that sells thingamajigs I would use something like

Thingamajigs, Inc seller of online thingamajigs -About Us
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I totally agree with fourgee, because these are the pages where you don't have important keywords to target, so you can write your company name in title and description of meta info and even in the page content.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo