1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Optimisation for an eCommerce store

Hi all,

Looking through the basics of SEO for an eCommerce store, and we've implemented what I have found to be the basics I think, such as:

-Title and Description Tags
    -H1 Tags
    -SEO URL's
    -Some text content on pages, but we removed a lot of the text content due to it getting in the way on mobile pages, mainly on category pages...
    -We've utilised social media techniques and have over 1600 followers on Twitter now, and 1300 Facebook Likes, we also use Google+, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
    -We have a newsletter but currently awaiting a module to be added to the site to make it easier for people to sign up to.
    -Blog, we have an on-site blog, in which we aim to pop up a post every few weeks.

I understand that competition is high, and we're simply finding our feet, the website has only been up since February, and we've made some considerable changes in the last 8 months since it's beginning, including a huge template overhaul around 6 weeks ago.

Such things like keyword density and link-building I am quite unaware of and hence have not implemented succinctly into the website, I own the business and like to learn everything from the bottom up, regardless if we outsource tasks at some point. Any extra advice would be brilliant,

Regards,
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Hi Luke,

I am currently working on an ecomerce site in a very fierce market and dealing with a penalty which was left by the SEO company before me. search placements take time. Have you signed up for Google Webmaster tools etc?

That sounds like an impressive social following. that should be generating you a fair bit of traffic no?

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
    https://support.google.com/webmaster..._topic=3331042

those two links should be able to assist you far more than my eclectic knowledge.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can check out these articles that gives you on page, off page and paid advertising strategies that work best for e-commerce sites.

1.) Part 2: 20 Off-Page SEO, Marketing and Advertising Tips for Your E-Commerce Website | Digital Marketing Blog | WooRank Blog: Digital Marketing tips for Small Business
    2.) Part 1: Top 20 On-Page SEO E-Commerce Promotion Tips | Digital Marketing Blog | WooRank Blog: Digital Marketing tips for Small Business

The strategy that you have listed sound excellent and I am astonished to hear the number of followers and fans you have on your social media brand pages considering your website has only been up 8 months ago. It is may because you may have a physical store and the brand is famous offline..I am not sure. But if that user traffic is genuine you have a awesome chance of capitalizing on word of mouth marketing.

Also, since you have a blog, which not many e-commerce services have, you can hugely capitalize on the traffic received from interesting blog posts. Especially now, during the holiday season, make sure you have all online media working for the promotion of your brand. Offer deals and discounts and free shipping and get more fans as during the holiday season brand loyalty goes on a vacation. It is all about who is offering best prices and best offers.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Oh and here is another resource that gives you a list of Facebook apps for e-commerce businesses - 19 E-Commerce Facebook Apps for Your Fan Page | Digital Marketing Blog | WooRank Blog: Digital Marketing tips for Small Business. Use it to your advantage with some creative and interesting Facebook marketing.