1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Optimal approach to ranking for this keyword?

Hi i want to rank for the keyword "white sandals" on Google Australia.

Currently, the top 5 ranking pages are not optimised and specific to white sandals.

See screenshot:

To rank for this keyword, would you create a page dedicated to white sandals even though it looks like it doesn't matter and you could rank the broader sandals page (not colour specific).

Any recommendations?

Cheers.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A page wouldn't hurt, if you don't have one already, if I were to create a new page I would put good content about white sandals name the page white sandals and hav internal links the new page using white sandals as the anchor text.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

In my searching on domain google.com.au I can see on the first SERP websites focusing on "sandals" but also on "white sandals". Probably it depends on my location.
    But anyway, I see on the first few SERPs, there are many of more relevant pages linking to "white sandals". So there is also a big competition on this keywords.

It is always a good idea to have a page with the specific searched keywords. If you have page named White sandals with optimized meta tags, content and internal links, you have a great chance to rank higher if users are searching for the "white sandals". And in the opposite, if you don’t have the page White sandals (or any other color), but only Sandals, you have much lower chance to rank for the "white sandals"(or any other color) in the SERPs. Those website in your images, I suppose they have a high page and domain rank with lots of backlinks, that’s why Google probably prefer them more.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Not sure what size budget you have or how much time you spend on SEO, but if you're struggling to crack the first page go for longtail variations.

"womens white sandals", "brand name white sandals", "size x white sandals", "formal white sandals" etc.

The more specific the term the better the chance of getting a transaction too.
    Last edited by IvanDrago; Jul 12th, 2017 at 08:26 AM.