Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Is one post a week enough to get noticed by google?

Hi all,

I'm trying to post regularly on my nature photography site to hopefully eventually get some steady traffic from google. If I post a blog post once a week will I eventually show up on google? And is there a formula or estimate if I posted once a week vs 2,3,4 times a week?

Thank you,
    Ian
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by abacoian
    If I post a blog post once a week will I eventually show up on google?
    Ian
    Yes, Google will eventually notice you. Provided you have a website, also if your content is linked to, even faster.
    And is there a formula or estimate if I posted once a week vs 2,3,4 times a week?
    Maybe, I really don't know.
  5. Professional SEO

I usually just do a couple a month. Or I try to get that many done ;)
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

The magic bit is to post something that people want to view and share with others. You can post daily but if its just junk then its pointless.
    You could post once every 6 months and if its fantastic it can really gain traction.

The thing I am trying to say is dont be concerned with how often you post its more about what you post thats important.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you guys for the info. I'm posting my nature photos and writing a 300 word description for each one. I'm hoping that once my site is on google that it will bring a few fans and slowly but steadily build my followers. Right now my goal is one post a week. I'm also hoping for advice on once someone finds my site that it has everything they need from me, if anyone is willing to advise I will pm the url, thank you again
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you guys for the info. I'm posting my nature photos and writing a 300 word description for each one. I'm hoping that once my site is on google that it will bring a few fans and slowly but steadily build my followers. Right now my goal is one post a week. I'm also hoping for advice on once someone finds my site that it has everything they need from me, if anyone is willing to advise I will pm the url, thank you again
    Be sure and name your photos with very descriptive names, think using keywords. Also alt text. Be sure and use contextual linking to important pages.

Just some suggestions...
  13. No Profile Picture

Thank you for the info, yes I've been adding image info as well. In the last few months I've added 9 decent blog posts, not enough but trying to keep it steady and once a week. Was noticing that so far I've gotten 20 spammer messages on my posts. Is this a good sign that my posts are being found on search engines? Google webmaster tools shows almost no search inquiry's for my site. Does someone have to click to my sight for it to show on a search? What's a good tool to see how my sites comes up on searches? Also, with link backs, is it best to have link backs to each individual post, or just to the main page? Thank you for the help.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Actually I have same question with slight modifications. What should be the length of that article. Is it OK if I post only 500 wordy article once each week? Or do I need to increase number of words to get noticed?
  17. Dinosaur

Your missing the whole point, the days of counting words and keyword density etc are well over. Just post things that are going to enhance your site, if your posting for the sake of it then its pointless.

I do wonder when these myths will go away sometimes.

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees : They're pretty powerful myths, sadly :( - I think they stick so hard because they provide a (false) answer that people really want to believe is true.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hi Chedders thanks for clarifying the whole point. As I said earlier that I am new and yet learning so many things from experienced guys like you so all I was curious about such stuff.
  21. No Profile Picture

Yes your content is very important. But I don't think google just indexes blindly, it has rules, right?
  23. Dinosaur

Yes your content is very important. But I don't think google just indexes blindly, it has rules, right?
    Correct, there are many rules, over 200 of them. However the number of words on a page has been proven not to be one of them many times.
    A lengthy document could signify quality but also a load of garbage, Length is no measurement unless your talking about the extremes, i.,e. a page containing 2 words & a page containing 1 million words.

10 years ago yes it may have helped but google have had time to perfect their algorithms to detect good quality v bloat.

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees
  25. No Profile Picture

I use a plugin for wordpress called seo yoast, it recommends a minimum of 300 words per post. Of course quality rather than junk is key
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There is a theory, an old theory at that, that if the top 10 websites for a given term have an average of x words, then if you are in that niche, you should have that average #words. I do believe that is where Yoast is getting that recommendation from. Does that dog hunt?, Does it hold water ?

The consensus from the forum, is NO! Take it on faith we will not lie to you! It is up to you to write compelling, quality content! You want to write a 300 or 400 or even a 1000 word article, do it. Just remember as long as what you write has value, then it will be read and the word count doesn't mean a thing, period.

To my knowledge there is no Google metric that says an article has to have x words to be considered to have value. Let me give you an example.

It is night time, you are on a dark path, you see a sign in the moon light, which of the 3 below has more Value and is useful ???

Cliff 10ft ahead, Stop !

or

Hey, we know there is a cliff around here, turn your flashlight on, otherwise you may walk off the cliff.

or

Its dark, you know its dark. Why are you walking in the dark. this sign is more important because I have more words. So you should stop and pay attention to me !!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A regular one post per week should be fine. It would be better if it would be better than that, but it's not necessary. The important thing is that you post on a regular basis to keep your site updated. You can submit your site to the Google webmaster tool to ensure that your site is getting indexed. Google should be able to pick up your site in no time. The thing is that you need to analyze your niche and try to compete against other websites within your niche so you can get into the first page of Google on whatever niche you are in.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: